Updated to ICS, Enabled Face recognition still pull ring!

rethan

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Ok so here is the thing, my Evo 3D updated to ICS and i am very excited. One thing i tried first was to use the face recognition unlock method. Why is it that when i press power button to turn the screen on, i need to pull the ring FIRST before the facial recognition opens to unlock with my face? I want to press the power button, look at my phone to unlock the screen without the need to pull any stupid ring. Can anyone tell me how to disable this ring? I tried No Lock but that removes everything and not just the ring.

Wont it make sense that if you chose to use the Face Recognition, then there is NO need to use the ring to unlock?

Thanks!

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
You cant remove it dude,its just the way it go's. Its the same for any pass/lock/pin etc. On any sense phone. Have to do a gesture to actually get to the screen that unlocks it. I have no prob. with it. Just one gesture.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well, not just the time - the lock screen with the ring also has the ability to show whether you have unread Emails or unread text messages or missed calls etc without having to unlock the phone.

Reactions: rethan

kachowdhury

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Can't find this feature in my device after updating. Where is it hidden? Do I need to go through any extra tweak to have it enabled?

Sent from my EVO 3D using AC app

radroider

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, Shot for the replies. Everyone for their own i guess. I have a watch to see the time :)

There's also the whole accidentally pushing the power button while in your back pocket. While some people's face could be recognized as their ass, it would probably lead to a lot of failed recognitions.

kachowdhury

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
After face unlock, the screen goes to home, no need to pull the ring for me. No idea why you're having this issue

Sent from my EVO 3D using AC app

ray23002

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
If you didn't have to lift the ring every time then your phone would never sleep. Thus the battery would be dead in 10 minutes. No need for facial reconition then. :-X

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699