Htc opening things up with htcdev.com and all black evo 3d

Djblue

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
This is great for the rooting community. I hope this all works out and i'm excited to see what kind of things the devs make with these new resources
http://htcdev.com

attachment.php

This thing is sexy:-*:-*:-*

Last edited:
Reactions: gimme5#AC

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Black Back

Now we are talking, my only main concern about the Evo 3d was the ugly ass red ring on the black cover, this looks awesome, I hope I will be able to order a all black back cover.

bubba93

May 20, 2011
Visit site
notice how the camera button isnt circular? reviewers loved it ad this picture doesnt show it? this might be some different version or i could be wrong

Reactions: gimme5#AC

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
notice how the camera button isnt circular? reviewers loved it ad this picture doesnt show it? this might be some different version or i could be wrong

That's a keen eye! The 2D/3D switch is different too. It has a little bump in the middle and doesn't seem to be chromed. Very interesting...

accordngs

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

According to the 26 minute video I just watched from the other thread...

The Sprint rep said that the Camera setup wasn't in its final version. She said they wanted to make the camera less protruding. So perhaps they did other modifications to the aesthetics of the phone and hardware.

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
According to the 26 minute video I just watched from the other thread...

The Sprint rep said that the Camera setup wasn't in its final version. She said they wanted to make the camera less protruding. So perhaps they did other modifications to the aesthetics of the phone and hardware.

I didn't hear that part. Thanks :) It did seem a bit obtrusive, so if they when this route, I'd definitely be happy.

knique0

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I've always dug the red accents, especially since it's getting much harder to tell the difference between so many of the phones now.

I'm hoping they offer the option for the black and red versions. The photo button does seem to have changed quite a lot though.

The June 24th date on the phone is a pretty strong hint, eh?

DeCourseyyy

May 9, 2011
www.facebook.com
The Red is Evo. They had red for the OG Evo, and I wish they kept it on the 3D

As for the new camera button(s), although I find the less protruding switches and buttons to be more ascetically pleasing, I liked how firm the old one looked. With how little protrusion there is on this button, I wonder if it is still a 2-step button.

Maybe now they have a tap-to-focus like the Epic which will allow you to focus at different depths. Lets hope so...

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Bummer... I liked the red and the chrome switch and buttons. I do think the original shutter button was a bit too big though. Do we know for sure if the US Evo 3D will be red or black?

yourfriendmat

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
They left one red accent, which is nice, the new flash looks cool, but I really did like how firm the large chrome buttons looked.

It looks like they put some sort of diffusing cover over the LEDs. Maybe that will make pictures less washed out! Still, the other versions (Sprint and HTC's websites) seem like they are the actual US versions. Why wouldn't they update the pictures there if the device changed?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this phone gonna have a red version too or a white like the EVO? I saw a radio shack ad where the AT&T Inspire was in Red or Black. You mentioned red version but the EVO was red which I liked. But I'd like and all red phone or a red back anyway. But I know last year BB had the white one if I am not mistaken.

I've always dug the red accents, especially since it's getting much harder to tell the difference between so many of the phones now.

I'm hoping they offer the option for the black and red versions. The photo button does seem to have changed quite a lot though.

The June 24th date on the phone is a pretty strong hint, eh?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non