Gizmocrunch says 3D a shortcoming...

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I came across this little article that got me a bit concerned (but I'll keep my true judgement for when I'm holding the device myself) ...

Gizmocrunch says the 3D of the Evo 3D causes display issues and basically that it's not very good. Contrast this to the Wirefly review who says that the Evo 3D's display is gorgeous. I am certainly excited to read some additional reviews when they come out... which should be soon right?! AC, Engaget, PhoneDog, etc... lets have a review soon.

Let us all keep our fingers crossed!

URL to article: HTC EVO 3D Hands On: Not Without Its Shortcomings

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
That was a stupid review. They saw it in the E3 show floor. Those conditions aren't good for really reviewing a feature like the screen quality. I'm not saying the 3D is fantastic, but it is no worse than the 3DS. The technology of those screens has limits on viewing angles. That's why the tech is limited to small screen sizes. I've said since the beginning of the 3D era that its just a marketing gimmick. I still believe that. Will I buy an EVO 3D? Yes. I will likely use the 3D feature, but it isn't the reason I'm getting the phone.

mcduffer

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I could really care less about the 3D on this phone. Im buying it for the specs and the new Sense and because I'll be able to root this phone and take off all the bloatware and crap I'll never use. This phone will fly after that. Once I rooted my EVO and took off the crap it was so much faster. Still patiently waiting for the 21st so I can buy mine online. :p

Reactions: PittsPgh

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting the Evo 3D because it's a dual-core 4G HTC phone with a qHD display running Gingerbread on the Sprint network. And I happen to like what HTC does with Sense. The 3D part as far as I'm concerned is a gimmick. After the initial "oh wow, this is kinda cool" factor wears off, I doubt I'll be utilizing it further.

Reactions: PittsPgh

Savoy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
That's just a good way to generate some hits to their site. Put out a very short provocative little article to generate attention. Pure nonsense. Either do a real review or stfu imo.

hyabusha

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I can't wait to use the 3D on my EVO 3D! I'm gonna take 3D videos from my home theater and watch them on my EVO. GLASSES FREE! THANK YOU! ^_^

preViously

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I too am not getting the E3D for it's 3D capabilities. Like another user stated, it's because of the great CPU, Sense 3.0, etc. I was concerned because the silly 'review' said that the screen wasn't so good, and didn't indicate that the opinion was only when viewing 3D content.

The 21st can't come fast enough!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro