Planning on installing Handcent SMS and Swiftkey X Beta, any issues?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try to install those two programs just because I like the keyboard better and because Handcent SMS is just cool and very customizable. Today a new update came out for Handcent that allows you to make Handcent your only Texting app as it basically shuts down the one that comes with it. Has anyone tried these two programs and have you used the option to make Handcent your only texting app? It seems to work on the Evo 4G.

I am wondering if Swiftkey works because of the different resolution.

Thanks.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
I am going to try to install those two programs just because I like the keyboard better and because Handcent SMS is just cool and very customizable. Today a new update came out for Handcent that allows you to make Handcent your only Texting app as it basically shuts down the one that comes with it. Has anyone tried these two programs and have you used the option to make Handcent your only texting app? It seems to work on the Evo 4G.

Thanks.

Have not tried Handcent yet. I read on another forum it works but with sense 3.0 you wont get the pop up notification. The new update might of fixed it though.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site

Thanks.
handcent is my fav app. have it on my 3d and works great. as far as making it your only app. heres what you do just like with the 4g.
open your reg msg app. and turn off auto retrieve msgs. and then turn off receive notifications. then the only notification you get is handcent.it works great that way for me. then you just have to use handcent.
but you also have a back up of txt in case something goes wrong with handcent. cause you just have to open your msg app and all your txt will be there too.
hope this helped you.
and idk about your other app cause i dont use it.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
handcent is my fav app. have it on my 3d and works great. as far as making it your only app. heres what you do just like with the 4g.
open your reg msg app. and turn off auto retrieve msgs. and then turn off receive notifications. then the only notification you get is handcent.it works great that way for me. then you just have to use handcent.
but you also have a back up of txt in case something goes wrong with handcent. cause you just have to open your msg app and all your txt will be there too.
hope this helped you.
and idk about your other app cause i dont use it.

Oh, I knew how to do that, but if you check for updates in the android market for handcent, you will see that one of the new features is that it will make itself the only app, I am guessing it goes through the procedure you just explained but does it automatically.

You should give Swiftkey X Beta a try, its free still since it's beta, one of the best keyboards out there. It's skinable, and has text prediction so good, it's almost creepy. The more you use it the better it can predict not just the word you're currently typing, but also the next word you're going to type. Very customizable with lots of settings. It can do bilingual on the fly as well!

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I knew how to do that, but if you check for updates in the android market for handcent, you will see that one of the new features is that it will make itself the only app, I am guessing it goes through the procedure you just explained but does it automatically.

You should give Swiftkey X Beta a try, its free still since it's beta, one of the best keyboards out there. It's skinable, and has text prediction so good, it's almost creepy. The more you use it the better it can predict not just the word you're currently typing, but also the next word you're going to type. Very customizable with lots of settings. It can do bilingual on the fly as well!
will give it a try since its a new phone and all. cant hurt to try something new. i love my swype tho. im really addicted to swype. love the one handed action while driving... hehe i know that last one will get me some jabs on here.. lol but oh well ill try swift key...

tdubby#AC

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about the X as i just found out about it. but my swiftkey i bought is working fine. The keyboard is a little smaller because of the resolution.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaee