green hornet isn't 3D

Gstringbass

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I am having issues with my copy of Green Hornet 3D. It is in no way 3D. I'm not complaining about the 3D effect not being as intense as it was when I saw it in Imax 3D, I'm complaining about it not being there at all. I have viewed all sorts of 3D content on my phone so far and Green Hornet is not using it. Is there some setting I am missing? do I have to some how turn it on? I have tried flipping the 2D/3D switch with no avail and looking in the settings for the watch app.

here is a picture I took in 3D and it works very well on my phone.

IMAG0016.mpo

Any help would be appreciated =D

Reactions: anon(377121)

jbsyst

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I find certain parts of the film more subtle than others. I haven't watched he the entire movie but in the beginning I can see the effect when the boy visits his dads office. Look at the items on the desk also the next scene in the white office, every thing on that desk pops out in 3d as well as the two men sitting down. Then when he blows up the building the flame and smoke is definitely easily seen as 3d.

bvman3Devo

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem, and really don't have a fix for you. Here's how my story went. It took a while for me to download G. Hornet and the Spider-Man demo. Once I did, G Hornet worked fine in 3D, and so did Spider-Man. Didn't watch the whole move, and shut it off because I wanted to watch it on my 3D TV, which I cannot connect to...I'll save you the story about that one. A day later when I found out I could not get the movie to work on my 3D TV, I decided to watch the movie through my phone again. To my surprise it would not play in 3D! I tried it at least 3 times and it still would not work in 3D.

This is what I did:
1. Shut the phone down and let it set for at least 15 mins (might want to take the battery out also, and put it back in). (make sure your phone is off before taking the battery out.)
2. Didn't try to watch G Hornet for 2 days.
3. Made sure I had a great WiFi connection. (I can barley get a G4 connection and I'm right outside of the St. Louis area.) :(

G Hornet works fine now, just tested it out around 5hrs. ago. I did have a issue with You Tube tonight. Some of the 3D movies did the same thing. It would work in 3D, then when I loaded a new 3D You Tube vid it would quit working. Pretty much all I did was reload the movies till it worked in 3D. The weird thing was when I backed out to the You Tube, the menu on the top part of my screen was still in 3D with double imaging, then the vids I chose from from were in 2D. I could totally see a double image at the top of my screen where the You Tube logo and search bar, but the 3D vids that were listed didn't work.

Just let us all know if this fixes your problem with the restart.

Gstringbass

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, taking out the battery did the trick. I've turned it off for extended periods of time but it had to be the hard reset to fix it. The really weird thing is that all my other 3d features worked such as pictures movies I've recorded youtube 3d and spider man 3d, just green hornet didn't work. Hopefully this isn't a constant issue. Thank you again for the help.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
FYI, the work around i have found for me is to shoot a quick 3D video of my own.
Seems that if you watch any movie in 2D it stays in that mode.
I couldnt figure out why my Green Hornet was in 2D. I did some reading and found other people had the issue. Its temporarily fixed by watching the movie you created in 3D, then going to the Green Hornet movie and it will work in 3D.
But if you watch another video in 2D it will stay in 2D.

techh10

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
yes this happened to me too, in fact i was showing a friend who was deciding to get one, but then i showed him a 3d video from my phone, then went back to green hornet and it worked.

btw my friend just reserved a evo 3d from best buy :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa