Facebook notifications still not working?

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Been reading around the web about facebook notifications not working and can confirm it still isnt working for me. Anyone else having this issue?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The Facebook app for Android just plain sucks. It gets better with each update, but notifications have never worked properly.

ATC Buckeye

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Mine worked great the first day and never again. I worked around it by having Facebook email me the notifications and then I made a label in gmail that they all go into. That way they don't clutter up my inbox. It's better but still not near as good as the push notifications on blackberry.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The only notifications I ever get are when I have a new message, when I have a new friend request, and when someone messaged me. The one where someone messaged me usually only shows up when I actually check the phone, so I don't actually hear a notification sound when someone messages me, which really defeats the purpose of having facebook chat. What good is it if I keep having to turn the phone back on to see if the other person replied or not. I am not quite sure why it is so difficult for them to get this right. Trillian works well as a chat substitute, however, then FB gets ambitious as well and I get to read the same message on both Trillian and FB. At least Trillain notifies you when someone IM's you without having to turn on the phone. I usually don't leave Trillian running in the background unless I have an active chat going when I leave the house, it's just another battery sucker I'd rather not have running.

dtice03

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I've had some trouble with the Facebook app too. I pretty much rely on gmail to tell me when I have a Facebook message or wall post. Strange that they've never been able to get the Facebook app right.

LilTmac2003

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm on the some boat with the only notifications I get are when someones messages me, I get a new friend request, or for event invites.

I looked into settings to see where I could enable actual notifications and I got nothing from the app.

Another thing that might be an issue, I don't know if anyone else is having this problem, but when I put the Facebook widget, it just says "refreshing status" and never loads anything.

jorgesicas#AC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Coming from a Palm Pre I can say this: WebOs Facebook app is FAR SUPERIOR! I miss it so much! Specially since I have two girls and my family in my home country is constantly commenting on pictures and videos. And now I get no notifications at all.

Now that I think about it, what the hell is the point of having Facebook for HTC Sense and the Facebook for androi app since neither gives you notifications?

I refuse to fill my email account with Facebook email notifications.

This is not something I thought android would be lacking. I mean, how does android messes up the one app millions and millions of people use everyday????. Come on Android! Oh, wait, let me guess, there is gotta be a third party app for that since that seems the case with android.

Last edited:

rahrah12

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I get the little indication that I have a Facebook notification but usually it will be late. Facebook ofr HTC sense is kindof whack also...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non