Texts going to htc app instead of GVoice?

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I just got my 3D last night, coming from the OG Evo. Love it!

However, i just installed Google Voice on it, since i was using that on my og evo (rooted - CM7) and my texts are still going to the HTC messaging app. Is there some additional step i missed? I can't do a "clear defaults" on the messaging app to select google voice when opening a text, so i'm not sure what i missed. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

nebke

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Texts going to htc app instead of GVoice??

I have the exact opposite problem, I want my texts to NOT give me G.V. notifications and come as texts. I only want GV for Voicemail and to be able to sends texts from my computer

64fairlane

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
For Nebke:

Same thing happened to me. You have to us a computer to go to voice.google.com. Then under phone settings, you need to uncheck the phone number with sprint logo by it.

Then uninstall the Google voice app and reinstall it. This time when it asks you during setup if you want Google voic integration, select "slip." then continue installation from there.

For the OP, I believe you need to uninstall then reinstall and continue through installation instead of pressing skip.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nebke

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

I just got my 3D last night, coming from the OG Evo. Love it!

However, i just installed Google Voice on it, since i was using that on my og evo (rooted - CM7) and my texts are still going to the HTC messaging app. Is there some additional step i missed? I can't do a "clear defaults" on the messaging app to select google voice when opening a text, so i'm not sure what i missed. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you using the sprint - google voice feature where your sprint number is your google voice number ?
Google voice should automatically take control of the texts as soon as you did that. I would double check to make sure your number was correctly ported over.

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site

Are you using the sprint - google voice feature where your sprint number is your google voice number ?
Google voice should automatically take control of the texts as soon as you did that. I would double check to make sure your number was correctly ported over.

Yep, i made my sprint number my google voice number back with my OG evo. Everything was working fine then. All i did since getting the 3D was install GV and i figured it would take over texting from there but, yea, texts still come in to the htc app.

nebke

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
For Nebke:

Same thing happened to me. You have to us a computer to go to voice.google.com. Then under phone settings, you need to uncheck the phone number with sprint logo by it.

Then uninstall the Google voice app and reinstall it. This time when it asks you during setup if you want Google voic integration, select "slip." then continue installation from there.

For the OP, I believe you need to uninstall then reinstall and continue through installation instead of pressing skip.

Thanks Shinedown87, am I good to recheck the sprint box in google voice?

y2jimi

Nov 18, 2010
Visit site
For Nebke:

+1 on getting the texts back to GV. I actually uninstalled, and removed the integration through my GV account, then reinstalled and followed the steps. Received an error on integration, so i skipped it; GV took my number OK, and I am now receiving text to GV.

Verified that my GV account is fully integrated with my Sprint phone. So far...no more issues.

<push the button, frank>

Quad150db

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I finally stopped using the GV app for Texts and just use the HTC app... The breaking up of conversations in GV due to time drove me nuts... I still use in when sitting at my computer... Speaking of that I wish GV would give an audible notification when in the browser the way Gtalk when in my Gmail...

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I agree, GV does need some major work. Better UI being the start. Add a little flavor to the way texts look, the htc sense messaging app has a tastful post it note style between texts. Keeping them organized by person and not breaking them up by time, leaving multiple messages by the same user is pretty annoying too.

But having your VM and Texts all in one place is nice, i sit at a desk all day so i text from the web app.. so its annoying to me now that i send my texts from the web, but have to read the responses on my phone.

All that being said.. i'm still trying to get mine to work, none of the above suggestions have fixed mine yet! ugggh! haha

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Also, when i go to Menu > Settings > Calls For selecting my Voicemail Provider, GV doesn't show up as an option, it just lists "My Carrier". I'm sure this is a sign that something isn't setup right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non