Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Radio Shack refund policy if you traded in your Evo 4g?

I'm considering bringing back my EVO 3d to get a Nexus S 4g. The problem is I bought my 3d at Radio Shack and I also traded in my EVO 4g I also pre ordered the 3d so I paid $50 of it with the gift card. My fear is they will only give me store credit due to this and not a refund so I can pick up the nexus at best buy. Has anyone tried returning there 3d and knows for sure?

Call them up. Stop being such a wuss.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock for now.

Default Re: Radio Shack refund policy if you traded in your Evo 4g?

You'll get 50 on a gift card back and then 100 on a gift card back as well from the Trade.

Whatever remains will be given to you by however you paid.

Sucks

Have you hurricane87 or anyone else tried this yet? I just left Radioshack and they would only refund the amount I paid out of pocket. Non refundable on the $50 gift card and Non refundable on the Evo 4G buy back.
    Surely this can't be correct... Has anyone gotten a different result?
    I too would rather have the Nexus. I wanna try a smaller phone for a change.

most retailers wont return any kind of giftcard for cash. Radioshack is one.

Why don't you like the 3d?I have a nexus s 4G and I have been trying to trade it for a 3d

I bought with a GC as a pre-order and returned it once I found out Amazon would save me 160....The 50 comes back as a GC. I didnt trade in my OG Evo; I kept it as a spare and use it as a mini wifi tab/media player.

Global Posts
    487 Global Posts

Don't get why anyone would give rasioshack their EVO for $100 when you have ebay. Also don't get why you would trade the 3d for a nexus.

the nexus is so outdated now. its better to wait for the next nexus

ROM
    n/a for now

Quote Originally Posted by jamex View Post
    Don't get why anyone would give rasioshack their EVO for $100 when you have ebay. Also don't get why you would trade the 3d for a nexus.
    Good questions. Why would you trade in your primary phone for such a crappy price especially if you thought there was a chance you were going to return it. People get so caught up in the point of sale and don't look at the total cost and implications. One of the biggest problems with our country nowadays.

Default don't get the nexus until you have held it side-by-side with 3d

Quote Originally Posted by DubV View Post
    Have you hurricane87 or anyone else tried this yet? I just left Radioshack and they would only refund the amount I paid out of pocket. Non refundable on the $50 gift card and Non refundable on the Evo 4G buy back.
    Surely this can't be correct... Has anyone gotten a different result?
    I too would rather have the Nexus. I wanna try a smaller phone for a change.
    Go to the sprint store and check it out: holding the Nexus and 3d side by side, there is almost no difference in terms of size. (Evo is thicker though.) I think the Nexus is actually taller and almost as wide.
    On top of that the Evo has a larger screen with better colors IMO. I know people say the Nexus screen is great, but it is over saturated - all skin tones are red and all colors are just too dense. And it is not sharper than the Evo screen either. And the Nexus just feels cheap in comparison. I owned two Nexus S phones, and sold them due to radio problems, which lead to miserable battery life.

Go see for yourself.