Radio Shack refund policy if you traded in your Evo 4g?

hurricane87

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm considering bringing back my EVO 3d to get a Nexus S 4g. The problem is I bought my 3d at Radio Shack and I also traded in my EVO 4g I also pre ordered the 3d so I paid $50 of it with the gift card. My fear is they will only give me store credit due to this and not a refund so I can pick up the nexus at best buy. Has anyone tried returning there 3d and knows for sure?

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
You'll get 50 on a gift card back and then 100 on a gift card back as well from the Trade.

Whatever remains will be given to you by however you paid.

Sucks :(

DubV

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Have you hurricane87 or anyone else tried this yet? I just left Radioshack and they would only refund the amount I paid out of pocket. Non refundable on the $50 gift card and Non refundable on the Evo 4G buy back.
Surely this can't be correct... Has anyone gotten a different result? :confused:
I too would rather have the Nexus. I wanna try a smaller phone for a change.

itslame

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I bought with a GC as a pre-order and returned it once I found out Amazon would save me 160....The 50 comes back as a GC. I didnt trade in my OG Evo; I kept it as a spare and use it as a mini wifi tab/media player.

jamex

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Don't get why anyone would give rasioshack their EVO for $100 when you have ebay. Also don't get why you would trade the 3d for a nexus.

Jimmy Chitwood

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Don't get why anyone would give rasioshack their EVO for $100 when you have ebay. Also don't get why you would trade the 3d for a nexus.

Good questions. Why would you trade in your primary phone for such a crappy price especially if you thought there was a chance you were going to return it. People get so caught up in the point of sale and don't look at the total cost and implications. One of the biggest problems with our country nowadays.

ronnienyc

Oct 3, 2009
Visit site
don't get the nexus until you have held it side-by-side with 3d

Have you hurricane87 or anyone else tried this yet? I just left Radioshack and they would only refund the amount I paid out of pocket. Non refundable on the $50 gift card and Non refundable on the Evo 4G buy back.
Surely this can't be correct... Has anyone gotten a different result? :confused:
I too would rather have the Nexus. I wanna try a smaller phone for a change.

Go to the sprint store and check it out: holding the Nexus and 3d side by side, there is almost no difference in terms of size. (Evo is thicker though.) I think the Nexus is actually taller and almost as wide.
On top of that the Evo has a larger screen with better colors IMO. I know people say the Nexus screen is great, but it is over saturated - all skin tones are red and all colors are just too dense. And it is not sharper than the Evo screen either. And the Nexus just feels cheap in comparison. I owned two Nexus S phones, and sold them due to radio problems, which lead to miserable battery life.

Go see for yourself. ;)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member