Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Default Re: Sprint announces the EVO 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
    Really disappointed in Sprint. They destroyed the gorgeous One X design and gave us yet another ugly black brick.

And what happened to the rumors of the 2650mah battery? I would much rather have a One X than this phone, it offers nothing new.
    You are not serious...are you? Lmao! This 'bad boy' is one hell of a device. Sprint has never disappointed me, hmm!.. maybe in their ("lack of their limited 4G coverages,") but never in their choice of devices.

Why can't some people just get it. The One X is just a name. If At&t didn't have the 'exclusivity' -- then Sprint 'might' have consider naming the phone some sort of One X. Does it really matter?? I'm glad that they decide to keep to keep the EVO name.

I'm super excited that we (Sprint) customers now have the device which is a true "successor" of the EVO 4G.

Have you read the "opening post" in this thread. The One X, but with Extras.
    For what it's worth... You (we) don't have to upgrade to this phone.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Gtronic View Post
    dedicated camera button..nice!
    Dimensions: 5.3 x 2.7 x 0.35 inches (LxWxT)
    Weight: 4.7 ounces
    Display: 4.7-inch HD 720p super LCD (1280 x 720), 16.7 million colors
    Battery: Imbedded 2000mAh Lithium Ion (Li-ion) battery
    Memory: 16GB internal memory (ROM); 1GB RAM; supports up to 32GB microSD card (sold separately)

I really like how the weight and thickness are the same as One X. What's better is the device has a bigger battery those only by 200mAh goes a long way for some people. (FYI Thunderbolt user can appreciate the difference between stock 1400mAh battery and seido slim 1600mAh extended battery)

A another nice touch by Sprint is the fact you can add up to an extra 32GB of storage for a total of 48GB if you need it. I may not like color scheme of this device but having kickstand, bigger battery and removable storage all for $199.99 is a great deal with unlimited data for now.

P.S Dedicate button is negative for simply because there is no wear and tear on a software camera button. Plus HTC has greatly improved the response time in tacking pictures I can see the dedicate camera button on the HTC Evo 4G LTE going out fast for some.
    Last edited by bunique4life05; 04-04-2012 at 06:05 PM.

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    I'm not convinced Sprint demanded all of these changes.
    Who else? You can be damn sure HTC didn't want to dilute the HTC One brand when they stated many times they want to reduce the no. of devices.
    Thanked by:

I wonder how they will price LTE rate plans.
    DropBox lets you sync files across Android, iOS, and Desktop Computers. Sign up for free, install, get me and you extra space! DropBox
    Twitter @AndroidTechGuy and @IAmSixNine
    Google+Google+

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by Rush Lindsay View Post
    You are not serious...are you? Lmao! This 'bad boy' is one hell of a device. Sprint has never disappointed me, hmm!.. maybe in their ("lack of their limited 4G coverages,") but never in their choice of devices.

Why can't some people just get it. The One X is just a name. If At&t didn't have the 'exclusivity' -- then Sprint 'might' have consider naming the phone some sort of One X. Does it really matter?? I'm glad that they decide to keep to keep the EVO name.

I'm super excited that we (Sprint) customers now have the device which is a true "successor" of the EVO 4G.

I think it was perfectly possible to replace the sim card slot with sdcard, and put in the bigger battery, and keep the One X design with the polycarbonate shell.

Call it the HTC Evo One X. A much better name than '4G LTE' which makes no sense since Evo 3D was already the succesor to the 4G and it doesn't have 4G in the name.

Why can't we get a powerful AND beautiful phone?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    They shouldn't be anything more than current plans. LTE is replacing Wimax, both are 4G.

Great phone. Glad they added a microSD..

Would be perfect if the battery was replaceable...

Global Posts
    1,021 Global Posts
    ROM
    100% AOSP/AOKP wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    HAHAHAHA.....Good one, but at least this phone won't be classified as a "chick phone".

That battery will never make it through two years, especially if you happen to be in a city with LTE. Unfortunately that will be the deal breaker for me. And I have loved my Evo 4G and 3D.

ROM
    JOKER'S CM9 ON PHOTON

Quote Originally Posted by dreamliner View Post
    Lol it's a great fone looks don't matter cause it's goin to b in a all black case from day one

K.U.S.H 305 MB855
    NITO KUSH

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
    Sprint released that LTE data will still be unlimited

Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10, CM9

In for one. Now to figure out how to hack it to work on my touchstone.
    I like phones.

I think it was perfectly possible to replace the sim card slot with sdcard, and put in the bigger battery, and keep the One X design with the polycarbonate shell.

Call it the HTC Evo One X. A much better name than '4G LTE' which makes no sense since Evo 3D was already the succesor to the 4G and it doesn't have 4G in the name. P.s. The EVO 3d wasn't 'really' the EVO 4G true successor.

I beg to differ... What ever changes/modifications that were made to make the EVO 4G LTE was done for a reason. I'm loving the name and I'm sure many are too.

The ("dedicated camera button; 200mAh power battery; kickstand; 16GB of storage,) plus a few more is what makes me love this device even more.

What I'm going to do now, is to kick back, relax, and wait for my upgrade to kick in.

Unlimited data + dream device + incredible 4G LTE speed = Sprint's HTC EVO 4G LTE.
    Last edited by Rush Lindsay; 04-04-2012 at 07:04 PM. Reason: fixed typo..
    Thanked by:
    ab304945 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Rush Lindsay View Post

I don't think he's referring to the name, he's referring to the beautiful One X body that just got destroyed in the new EVO. He's not alone. Forums and site are getting lit up with how Sprint fuglied this thing. Good phone, bit hands down ugly
    ladyc0524 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    I don't think he's referring to the name, he's referring to the beautiful One X body that just got destroyed in the new EVO. He's not alone. Forums and site are getting lit up with how Sprint fuglied this thing. Good phone, bit hands down ugly
    I really like it.

And this is not the one X, it an evo. want a one x go to AT&T

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by ab30494 View Post
    I really like it.

And this is not the one X, it an evo. want a one x go to AT&T
    Lol, wow, really? Yeah, its and ugly EVO with a 2 year old design scheme. Maybe one of these days Sprint will realize HTC has better designers than they do and just leave them to it rather than butting in and screwing it up.

Also, since no one else seems to be talking about it, they got rid of the contacts on the back, so none of the nice easy docks
    Last edited by crzycrkr; 04-04-2012 at 07:43 PM.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Call it the HTC Evo One X. A much better name than '4G LTE' which makes no sense since Evo 3D was already the succesor to the 4G and it doesn't have 4G in the name.

Dude. Lte requires a sim. The ONLY way to add a microSD card slot was to completely change the build.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Who else? You can be damn sure HTC didn't want to dilute the HTC One brand when they stated many times they want to reduce the no. of devices.
    And that is precisely why HTC made all of the changes. This is not a One series device, so it shouldn't look like one.

The material choices would be all HTC.

Has the actual release date been announced? All I've seen is the pre-order date.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    And that is precisely why HTC made all of the changes. This is not a One series device, so it shouldn't look like one.

The material choices would be all HTC.
    Considering HTC just made a big deal about how they weren't going to be making a whole bunch of different phones, and how they were cutting down to a few, I'm not sure about this. I still say Sprint had more to do with this than HTC, just like with the Hero.
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,922 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Looks are subjective. This phone makes me want sprint again.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
    RUSH likes this.

Global Posts
    1,524 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP35/Matr1x19.5

And, just for the record, it looks like a great phone, and I love the aluminum body. Its just the very dated design and the lack of charging contacts I hate.
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by crzycrkr View Post
    Considering HTC just made a big deal about how they weren't going to be making a whole bunch of different phones, and how they were cutting down to a few, I'm not sure about this. I still say Sprint had more to do with this than HTC, just like with the Hero.
    I still doubt it. HTC has two embedded 'brands' right now: One and Evo. We've already seen the one series, and today we saw the first of the Evo. They are clearly different brands with different missions. Frankly, the OneX design would have been totally inappropriate as an Evo, and the fact that HTC didn't use it proves that.

And people are forgetting that, with the Evo debut, HTC only has four new handsets for 2012. That's still far, far, less than last year.

Also, I think people aren't understanding what HTC meant when they announced the one series. Nowhere did they say that they would only offer the one designs, and nowhere did they say that there wouldn't be different designs bases on the one hardware. What they said is that they would be simplifying their lines based around a small group of software and hardware experiences. The experience you get on the E4GLTE will not be any different than the experience you get on the OneX, and THAT was the biggest issue HTC wanted to address.
    Thanked by:
    RUSH 
    kooja_IIT likes this.

I want it...as far as looks...It will be covered in an OtterBox or Ballistic ASAP anyways...When will you guys learn its what's on the inside that counts...Kinda like a lady...If she is ugly you use a paper bag, sometimes 2...Like the OtterBox, if one layer isn't enough, sometimes 2 layers, and hell if you want extra protection, 3...Hah

***Disregard any and all typos as my large thumbs cannot fit the keyboard correctly***
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast