White EVO 4G LTE?

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
I just pre-ordered my wife's EVO 4G LTE and it should be here next Friday (or so). However, after I placed the order I had a thought back to when I ordered her original EVO. Shortly after I ordered her original EVO, the white version was release. Now I'm wondering if a white 4G LTE will be released in the near future. A lot of people are not happy with the way the back of the current version and a white version would take care of that issue pretty well. Ugh, maybe I should've waited?

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
In the exact same boat and going to wait. They've done each year for the past two releases. Shortly after the black one is released, a white one is released. I also believe the white one will look better.

I'm going to wait and see. First time I'm actually waiting and not jumping on it from day one. <--- sad face. lol

KahneFan

Jul 17, 2011
www.ezthemer.com
In the exact same boat and going to wait. They've done each year for the past two releases. Shortly after the black one is released, a white one is released. I also believe the white one will look better.

I'm going to wait and see. First time I'm actually waiting and not jumping on it from day one. <--- sad face. lol

I'm good for an upgrade as well. If her E4L performs as well as my photon, I could always assume ownership of her phone and get her the white one :D

commonplace

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually kind of want the white one (with the WiFi's and the GB's ;)), too; not to look like an iPhone, but to just look different than my previous phones (black slab, black slab, black slab).

On the other hand, I don't want to wait, so I'm probably just getting the black one. Sure wish white was a launch day color! Sprint could have done that as a "Sprint exclusive" to set them apart from Best Buy, Wirefly, Amazon, etc.

/Kevin

Reactions: ScandaLeX

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering this too.... I'm due for an upgrade right now just about, and I'm really desperate to get a new phone in my hands as soon as possible. That said, after seeing the One X, I think that the white color scheme is absolutely gorgeous. I actually really really like the black/red back side of the Evo, but the front looks so incredibly plain and dated. A white version would help a lot, and I know they've always released a white one not long after launch.

I guess waiting a little while gives me time to compare it to the GS3 and see when that gets announced for sprint.

If they do white, I sure hope they keep the red accents on the back. That'll look really nice.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually kind of want the white one (with the WiFi's and the GB's ;)), too; not to look like an iPhone, but to just look different than my previous phones (black slab, black slab, black slab).

On the other hand, I don't want to wait, so I'm probably just getting the black one. Sure wish white was a launch day color! Sprint could have done that as a "Sprint exclusive" to set them apart from Best Buy, Wirefly, Amazon, etc.

/Kevin

Exaclty..! I think its pretty hard for an android phone to look like an iphone, but I've seen people spaz out about droid folks picking a white droid b/c its iphoney. Anyway, the white HTC vivid and white One X are very very nice. I'm going to wait b/c I want something different than my last 4-5 phones as well. Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Evo3d, all been black slabs. lol

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm wondering this too.... I'm due for an upgrade right now just about, and I'm really desperate to get a new phone in my hands as soon as possible. That said, after seeing the One X, I think that the white color scheme is absolutely gorgeous. I actually really really like the black/red back side of the Evo, but the front looks so incredibly plain and dated. A white version would help a lot, and I know they've always released a white one not long after launch.

I guess waiting a little while gives me time to compare it to the GS3 and see when that gets announced for sprint.

If they do white, I sure hope they keep the red accents on the back. That'll look really nice.

I'm thinking the same. If I do wait, it'll give me more time to compare the E4L to the GS3 and the white one normally comes out right after launch.

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Just put a Skin-it Skin on it. I ordered the Black as my White Evo has been skin'd from day 1 right after I left BB . I like this better then a case as it still works in all the Docks

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I agree with skinning the phone. I plan to add the dark wood iCarbons skin as soon as they start making them. I'm almost certain they'll do it, since they did for the Evo and Evo 3d.

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it wont be too long. They have white backs in the "making of" video. Androidcentral also posted a nice render.

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Exaclty..! I think its pretty hard for an android phone to look like an iphone, but I've seen people spaz out about droid folks picking a white droid b/c its iphoney. Anyway, the white HTC vivid and white One X are very very nice. I'm going to wait b/c I want something different than my last 4-5 phones as well. Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Evo3d, all been black slabs. lol

Saw the white One X today at ATT. Wow. Just wow. That is a great looking device and the screen is just as nice as Phil described in his early review. I would love to have that and hopefully the EVO LTE is as nice, if not better in person. That is hands down the best phone that ATT has and I didn't get the impression that the dude at the store knows that to be true. HTC should sell boat loads of One X and EVO LTEs if people knew what was good for them...I say. :)

dtreo

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Saw the white One X today at ATT. Wow. Just wow. That is a great looking device and the screen is just as nice as Phil described in his early review. I would love to have that and hopefully the EVO LTE is as nice, if not better in person. That is hands down the best phone that ATT has and I didn't get the impression that the dude at the store knows that to be true. HTC should sell boat loads of One X and EVO LTEs if people knew what was good for them...I say. :)

wyrdangel

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I was sort of geeked up to get a white one too...until I saw the white One X at an AT&T store the other day. I didn't much like the way it wasn't white all the way to the screen and still had black bezel around the screen edges...more like it was just a white back piece clipped on. If it had been white all the way I'd be right there with you.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I was sort of geeked up to get a white one too...until I saw the white One X at an AT&T store the other day. I didn't much like the way it wasn't white all the way to the screen and still had black bezel around the screen edges...more like it was just a white back piece clipped on. If it had been white all the way I'd be right there with you.

All you have to do is look at the white samsung to see why that isn't a good idea. Who wants all the sensor holes to stand out that much?

kuscoot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I love the feel of the white back at the ATT store. It was "grippy" as my 9yo said. "Not slippery" like the one you have now (samsung GII)She's right. I hope the black one from Sprint is grippy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa