Shipping notification....Who's first?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
LOL, also the language used for that status is far from professional... It was a decent attempt to troll though...

Come on, have you been following the status updates on the orders?!? Language "far from professional" is much more indicative of a true statement from Sprint and not the other way around. Just saying...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Unless you were guaranteed (in writing or via phone call) to have the phone before Friday, I see no reason to be upset.

Well, not to feed the flames, but what exactly does this ad on Sprint's own homepage say?

050712_UEC_EVO4GLTE_Preorder_960x320.jpg

Maybe I'm too much of a literalist, but to me "get it before others get a glimpse" means that I would get it BEFORE May 18th.

Oh and BTW, that was taken from the Sprint.com main page just seconds ago, and no, no photoshopping was done...

Granted, even with that, their www.sprint.com/preorder page has always said this: "We know you are dying to get your hands on your new device. And when you pre-order one, we'll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse. During the pre-order period, we will send you a shipping email and tracking number before your order has shipped."

So, Sprint can't even give the same message on two different web pages, must less from two different CS reps.

pokerrus78

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
wirefly said my device won't ship for 2-3 weeks after the release date. I knew the 119.99+free bluetooth was too good to be true. Kinda of a bait and switch if you ask me.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Well, not to feed the flames, but what exactly does this ad on Sprint's own homepage say?

Click to view quoted image

Maybe I'm too much of a literalist, but to me "get it before others get a glimpse" means that I would get it BEFORE May 18th.

Oh and BTW, that was taken from the Sprint.com main page just seconds ago, and no, no photoshopping was done...

Granted, even with that, their Learn about pre-ordering select devices page has always said this: "We know you are dying to get your hands on your new device. And when you pre-order one, we'll do our best to get it to you before others get a glimpse. During the pre-order period, we will send you a shipping email and tracking number before your order has shipped."

So, Sprint can't even give the same message on two different web pages, must less from two different CS reps.

I understand what the website was saying,but today is only Monday and some people are fired up to the max (well even last week people were getting upset because they didn't have any tracking info). If Wednesday/Thursday come and no info was received,then yes, I'd start getting very upset then....not 5-10 days out. It's funny reading some of these posts, I will admit that, but really, I hope Sprint doesn't drop the ball with all you guys/girls who have preordered the phone. It would suck for a Best Buy EVO 4G LTE buyer like me to post stuff about my new phone if I had it on Friday before some of you preorderers.

RandomNickname

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just saw my shipped notification from WireFly. So huzzah, and/or boom.

Edit: D'OH... never mind. It was a notification of an impending notification. Way to prey upon my bated breath, WireFly. *shaking fist angrily*

Last edited:

zchoate

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I spoke to sprint this afternoon and they said it'd be shipping tmw and be arriving before Thursday depending on where you are. If its shipping from Kentucky it'll be on my doorstep Wednesday. :)

HeavyTRAFFIK

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I preordered mine from Amazon. I'm not holding my breath for a ship date. Who knows how many hoops my phone will have to jump through until its in my hot lil hands...

adck9d

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, I reserved mine from best buy to take advantage of the $50 Gift card option. So I wont know until I get the notification from bestbuy.com

MNofsinger

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, I reserved mine from best buy to take advantage of the $50 Gift card option. So I wont know until I get the notification from bestbuy.com

Me too, and I live in Louisville so I may have gotten mine tomorrow or Wednesday. LOL... I did call Best Buy and ask if they were setting up appointments and the guy said that management was discussing it....

dakidd

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Im pissed I feel I should have just went to the local store as I did with my palm pre and my evo...this preorder stuff is pissing me off

tprevett

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I really am jonesing.. I've been stuck with a sprint palm pixi plus for the past week and a half while I'm waiting for my EVO...(returned galaxy nexus, and all I had left was daughters old pixi) I can feel my manliness being sucked away more and more every time I get a text message on this thing. (No pun intended)..
I can't wait for my sick day this week, now if sprint would just tell me when I am taking it... :)

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I really am jonesing.. I've been stuck with a sprint palm pixi plus for the past week and a half while I'm waiting for my EVO...(returned galaxy nexus, and all I had left was daughters old pixi) I can feel my manliness being sucked away more and more every time I get a text message on this thing. (No pun intended)..
I can't wait for my sick day this week, now if sprint would just tell me when I am taking it... :)

I would say that you get the "I need it desperately" award. Rockin a Pixi as a daily driver=NOT cool at all.

Sent from my EVO 4G using Android Central Forums.