early upgrade & buyout

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have 2 lines with Sprint, one line is eligible for the upgrade on 6/01 the other on 9/01. I'm wondering if Sprint will upgrade one line early? I've read they will if the phone is having issues. I've contacting them via chat & they say no.
I'm also wondering about price match with other retailers thru Sprint. I'm wanting to get 2 EVO's this fri. but need Sprint to match BB & BB has 18 month financing. That would be a plus if somehow Sprint would price match BB & somehow let me pay out the phones. Maybe asking for too much? If i don't ask i won't get it right?

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Call *2, confirm your phone number. Hit #4 then hit #5 then hit #4 (the option to deactivate your line)
Then ask them about the upgrade buyout option. Was able to do it with two of my lines in 10 minutes no problem.

Melaza

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Damn! Customer Service had me running all around lol... First call the lady tells me I can do buy out for $115, I told her I will call later because the release date hadn't come out yet. The I call Sunday and the lady tells me they're not doing it over the phone anymore I need to go to the Sprint store
... Go there then the guy tells me if I get it there I have to buy a phone there, but i can call customer service and they'll do it over the phone SMH and he tells is $165 WTF? ... So I wait until today and customer service tells me i need to go to the store ... WTF is wrong with this people... Anyway got on pissed off mode and finally got it for $115... This people need to get on the same page SMH!

Sent from my EVO 3D and soon EVO 4G LTE

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been similar. I do have a chat transcript where i was told i can upgrade on the 18th instead of the 1st of June. I'm going to see what BB says next. I'll post a update.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade date on 1 line is June 1st.
Dabney Se: You can upgrade the phone 2 weeks earlier that your upgrade eligibility date if your current phone is broken and lost. You just need to contact our dedicated telesales department at 800-777-4681 to get an early upgrade.
Dabney Se: You can upgrade the phone after 18th of May.
Customer: We have poor coverage in my area, a local Sprint rep. that the new EVO would improve the voice quality to tell Sprint that & likely i cold upgrade on the 18th.
Dabney Se: Yes.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just got off the phone with sprint rep , I can order on the 18th even though my my upgrade date was June 1.

When will it ship? I've heard a lot of 3rd party retailers say the phone is backordered. Just wondering if it's in stock from Sprint on the 18th? I'm going to my local BB tomorrow to see what they say. I'm not crazy about their GC's, rather have the cash. However if i upgrade 2 lines i can finance them over 18 months & not be out $400+ dollars. I can always use the GC's later on.

Muffspring18

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey I tried preordering the Evo 4G LTE even though my upgrade is on June 1st also. Called sprint and said that I can't preorder it now but I can have my upgrade pushed back and order it on the 18th.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm now being told by Dan's Office that there has to be something wrong with the phone to upgrade early. Wow! Such a runaround. The same person that said yes last week now says there has to be something wrong with the phone. Anyone else getting the runaround?

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm now being told by Dan's Office that there has to be something wrong with the phone to upgrade early. Wow! Such a runaround. The same person that said yes last week now says there has to be something wrong with the phone. Anyone else getting the runaround?

Yeah, I got that run around a bit. I ended up telling them that my Epic was acting up and I refuse to pay $100 for a refurbished phone when I can get a new Evo for $100 more (less actually). They ended up moving my upgrade up to the 18th. I went to Best Buy and they let me pre-order it as if I was going to pay the full amount and then they told me they'd switch it over to the upgrade price when I come in on friday.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I went to my local BB Mobile, was told there was no way for me to buy the phone from them without my acct. showing the upgrade date of 5/18. I emailed BB Mobile, same reply. Now Sprint wants to give me the runaround. I'm thinking i might just wait until 6/01 when i know i can upgrade with no runaround. Looks like everyone would be on the same page. I don't understand how Sprint & BB are letting some upgrade early & others they aren't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa