How do Best Buy Pre-orders work?

jmbiro2

May 14, 2011
Visit site
If I pre-order from Best Buy and my upgrade isn't technically until June 1, how does that work? Online I can select upgrade my existing line and pay $199. I know Sprint was going to give me the upgrade May 18th, but I'd like to get the $50 gift card. It looks like I can get all the way through the checkout without having to put in any of my carrier information. So if I buy online, do I just take it to a sprint store and activate it and I'm good? I just want to make sure they won't somehow back-charge me the full amount of the phone.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
For a new phone, I would expect that they would have sent your information along to Sprint so that by the time you get it, you can activate it on-the-spot, and be no different than if you ordered directly from Sprint.

jmbiro2

May 14, 2011
Visit site
What I'm a little iffy on is I can buy the phone for $199 now off their website, but since my upgrade isn't technically until June 1st, I'm afraid they will somehow charge me the full price of the phone after the matter. I will call them or go in there tomorrow to see.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
What I'm a little iffy on is I can buy the phone for $199 now off their website, but since my upgrade isn't technically until June 1st, I'm afraid they will somehow charge me the full price of the phone after the matter. I will call them or go in there tomorrow to see.
Have you called Sprint about moving up your upgrade date?

Judynnnn

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you force your upgrade before 6/16, if you're gonna go that route.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums