Amazon Preorders....

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Still no new info from Amazon Wireless regarding their pre-orders. At this point I'm about ready to cancel my pre-order with them and go to Sprint on the official launch date. She says that the "business team" is trying to get their phones to the facility so that they can ship them out... Who knows, she could be completely uninformed but if by this evening I don't hear anything, I'm cancelling. If they would communicate more to let customers know what's going on we would not be so antsy. Over it. :mad:

michelehevo

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I called this morning and got the same story, they are waiting for their warehouse to receive them and will ship them as soon as possible :( I think I am going to try and wait it out I am worried they won't have any in the sprint stores. If Best Buy really did start shipping theirs yesterday that is sad for Amazon!

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I called this morning and got the same story, they are waiting for their warehouse to receive them and will ship them as soon as possible :( I think I am going to try and wait it out I am worried they won't have any in the sprint stores. If Best Buy really did start shipping theirs yesterday that is sad for Amazon!

I agree. They look bad in this. I've always been a total fan and I buy from them often but this has ticked me off enough to lay off for a while. If they would at least send something out saying they are waiting or when they expect them to the warehouse... Something.

devlbasher

May 21, 2012
Visit site
FWIW, I spoke to someone this morning also, and when she updated my shipping to free one-day shipping, it also updated my EVO's shipping date to today. If I had to guess, I would think its probably a glitch, but I do think they're expecting to get them soon. I think thats why they keep pushing the free car charger out one day at a time, because they're expecting the phones any time.

All that being said, IIIIIIIIII know how to track a package, I'm sure someone working for amazon does too. They should be able to let us know when they're expecting the phones. Their "business team" seems to be quite ineffective in my eyes.

decke003

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am super bummed that we have not heard anything. You would think that a logistics powerhouse like amazon would be able to at least tell us whether or not they are receiving shipments at their warehouses. I wouldn't even mind if they came out with a statement saying that they were low on the priority list, and will not be getting stock in until X time. I would at least have some comfort in knowing not to expect it by the weekend. It would suck, but I would still know.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I am super bummed that we have not heard anything. You would think that a logistics powerhouse like amazon would be able to at least tell us whether or not they are receiving shipments at their warehouses. I wouldn't even mind if they came out with a statement saying that they were low on the priority list, and will not be getting stock in until X time. I would at least have some comfort in knowing not to expect it by the weekend. It would suck, but I would still know.

Exactly. It's the not knowing that is frustrating. Release a statement even if it's not good news... at least then we know that you guys are on top of it. Some business team they have! I was upgraded to free one day shipping but unless they get it out by today (which seems highly doubtful) then it'll be Tuesday before it arrives. I don't mind waiting until Tuesday but let us know that.

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I just gave them a call also , they had no info at all . I asked aboutthe shipping and they said I could pay $18 and get upgraded to one day shipping , I said no thanks since I am already paying $549.00 fo the phone . I got the feeling the customer service agent was a little annoyed . Oh well I guess if I don't like the service I can cancel the order. Oh and they have not mentioned anything about a charger.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I just gave them a call also , they had no info at all . I asked aboutthe shipping and they said I could pay $18 and get upgraded to one day shipping , I said no thanks since I am already paying $549.00 fo the phone . I got the feeling the customer service agent was a little annoyed . Oh well I guess if I don't like the service I can cancel the order. Oh and they have not mentioned anything about a charger.

Whoa, I have had 3 peeps try to upgrade for free. Id try again if I were you.

Sent from my PG86100 using Android Central Forums

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
yep...and I dup'd your twitter/fb questions too. No response on either of those platforms either. Not so good. I still am counting on Amazon's vaunted distribution capabilities to get this to us before Tuesday.....please.

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
yep...and I dup'd your twitter/fb questions too. No response on either of those platforms either. Not so good. I still am counting on Amazon's vaunted distribution capabilities to get this to us before Tuesday.....please.

What's your name on twitter? I usually would have raised all holy he** by now but I dunno, I'm trying to keep my cool. Even if it was not what I wanted to hear, I'd appreciate some form of communication. That's all I ask.

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes a little communication would be nice. I have sent an email asking for any new info , no response as of yet. I would like a little info just so i can decide if I want to cancel and purchase somewhere else.

devlbasher

May 21, 2012
Visit site
27scoob, I'm guessing that the one day shipping option was put in place between sprint and the distributors to ensure that as few people as possible switch carriers. If thats the case, then since you obviously aren't out of your contract given the price you're paying, they may not be extending the same offer. Basically, catering to the people who could switch carriers with no penalty. It sucks, but the logic behind it makes sense to me. Again though, I'm just guessing.

michelehevo

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Called again and once again they know NOTHING!!! They have no idea when they might get phones the July 5th dates still stands, the girl supposedly spoke to her supervisor and they didn't know anything either! I am very disappointing in amazon I have ordered so much from them, not the wireless division but regular amazon and have never experience such horrible customer service. I asked her why they would be so far behind all the other companies in receiving their stock and she had no idea. basically she didn't know anything about anything.

Reactions: TheJediGoddess

Anthonicia

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I know exactly how you guys feel. I have sent 4 emails to amazonwireless customer service and each one has been less and less optimistic. Here's a c/p of the latest response:

Hello Anthony,

I'm sorry for the continued delays in your shipment and the continuous automated emails asking for your delay approval. If you do not want to wait any longer, you can certainly not approve the emails.

I checked the status and the current estimated delivery time frame according to HTC is still listed as the beginning of July. While we receive new inventory often, it's difficult to predict when a specific product will be available because of the manufacturer's issue with customs.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Audrey
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

If it's really going to take them until July then I will never order another phone from them again. I understand Best Buy is a juggernaut monopoly, but if Amazon wants their little wireless spin-off to suceed then they need to at least treat their customers better than a shat.

Frustration level is at 8/10 considering best buy and sprint pre-orders are already being delivered. Amazon wireless is batting .000

27scoob

May 22, 2010
Visit site
If they are trying to play it safe they are pissin off customers by not being a little more proactive about the situation....

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I know exactly how you guys feel. I have sent 4 emails to amazonwireless customer service and each one has been less and less optimistic. Here's a c/p of the latest response:

Hello Anthony,

I'm sorry for the continued delays in your shipment and the continuous automated emails asking for your delay approval. If you do not want to wait any longer, you can certainly not approve the emails.

I checked the status and the current estimated delivery time frame according to HTC is still listed as the beginning of July. While we receive new inventory often, it's difficult to predict when a specific product will be available because of the manufacturer's issue with customs.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards,

Audrey
AmazonWireless: Cell Phones, Cell Phone Plans, and Accessories

If it's really going to take them until July then I will never order another phone from them again. I understand Best Buy is a juggernaut monopoly, but if Amazon wants their little wireless spin-off to suceed then they need to at least treat their customers better than a shat.

Frustration level is at 8/10 considering best buy and sprint pre-orders are already being delivered. Amazon wireless is batting .000

My frustration level is increasing pretty fast. I'm most disappointed in the lack of communication from the higher ups. Even if its not the answer that I want to hear but to say nothing? Not cool.