Unable to Detect Current Time Zone

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I have gotten "Unable to detect current time zone" (or something very similar) about 3 times over the last 24 hours. I live in Atlanta, and I have to select Eastern when it asks. It then goes away. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Anyone else get this?

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I had something in my notifications that said I needed to change the time zone, but my time has always been current, so I just ignored it.

Officially sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Android Forums.

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have gotten "Unable to detect current time zone" (or something very similar) about 3 times over the last 24 hours. I live in Atlanta, and I have to select Eastern when it asks. It then goes away. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Anyone else get this?

Getting same thing

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

caryds

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
That has happened to me as well today. About 3 times. The first time I selected "central america" (I'm in Chicago) even though my time was displaying correctly. I probably shouldn't have done that because now it shows "central time" as my "Home" location. Not a problem yet but I'd like to get rid of that since I remember having some issues with that when I first got my evo shift. Anyone know hoe to delete the "Home" location?

On another, but possibly related note. Anyone having problems with sms messages today? I've received multiples of the same incoming message from some of my contacts, and haven't been able to send any. The reason I think it might be related is because it happened late morning around the same time the "unable to detect time zone" messages started. Network problems???

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I saw that yesterday as well. I selected my timezone and the my time was off by an hour!?! I went into the network settings and turned off all the options for carrier time stuff, then turned them all back on again. This fixed the time and I haven't seem the timezone notification again.

Tyler Durden

May 14, 2010
Visit site
mine did the same thing yesterday and today...
I think I fixed it by going into the settings menu and selecting "Activate this device" (even though my phone is already activated)..
because after I did that, the time zone thing popped up again but this time it prompted me for a city, it didn't do that before, it just had a time zone in the window..

now I think it's good.

Reactions: MNofsinger

SlackBlade

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I set my home and I'm not having the problem anymore.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

EeJLP-

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Same.. I was getting them and popups about roaming, but haven't seen it in a while. I turned off all roaming notifications.

Settings > Mobile network > Roaming guards > (unchecked all of them)

We have unlimited free roaming anyway, right? So why would I need to know and be worried about when I'm roaming?

Scottyd

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else get this?

I live in Atlanta as well and have been getting the same. But this is what happens to early adopters. We are the Guinea pigs till all the kinks are worked out.

I just select eastern time zone each time and ignore it. It has only happened about 4 times so no worries, yet.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm still getting this error from day one I received my sprint pre-order. I get it while on WiFi and on 3g. Just toggled automatic time on and off. Will see if that works for me...

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting this error from day one I received my sprint pre-order. I get it while on WiFi and on 3g. Just toggled automatic time on and off. Will see if that works for me...

i had this problem on the first 2 days. now i dont have it anymore. just go to settings > date & time and have automatic date & time checked but uncheck automatic time zone. for some reason the two conflict with each other or something. after unchecking automatic time zone, just click on the time zone and select which ever one you live in.

Reactions: LocationImaging

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shao61