Evo 4g lte or samsung galaxy s3

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I have the Evo LTE now and I'm loving it, I just pre-ordered the S3 for my wife and when it comes in the mail I'll do serious comparison and post real results here. I like many others really want to compare the Camera!

Lol same idea, Wife pre-ordered hers and I plan to play with it for like 5-10 hours if she'll let me then decide if I swap it out at best buy (I will have 2 days left on my 30 day return). This will be interesting. I've always been more of an HTC guy and love my Evo but if anything could bring me to the dark side it might be the S3.....

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Exactly how many apps do you think it will take to "run out of space"? I've already loaded well over 100 apps onto my Evo and barely hit 600mb and that's before even transferring any apps to the 9gb storage. 2gb is plenty of space to fill your phone with more apps that anyone will ever need.

Sent from my ALL NEW HTC Evo 4G LTE!!

You've loaded 100 additional apps than what came on the phone? What tiny sized apps are you downloading?!

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Lol same idea, Wife pre-ordered hers and I plan to play with it for like 5-10 hours if she'll let me then decide if I swap it out at best buy (I will have 2 days left on my 30 day return). This will be interesting. I've always been more of an HTC guy and love my Evo but if anything could bring me to the dark side it might be the S3.....

Different devices running Android is not the dark side. Leaving Android for iOS is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tirith

rockdrummersrock

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Reactions: thoughthalo

toology

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't the international version have 1gb and run fine?

Just a food for thought about the 2 GB of RAM thing.........Have any of you looked at the size of the S/W stack of the new touchjizz?? It's huge, and couple that with Android 4.0 ICS and you have one HUGE ROM. So its no wonder the SGS3 has 2 GB of RAM, because if they tried to use 1 GB the thing would lag like hell. So for all those talking 2 GB of RAM is a game changer......you might want to wait till you get the phone and see how much is usuable after touchjizz and apps and everything else gets their share. You might not be so happy with what you find.

toology

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
This is interesting from myn:

SGS3 looming - Page 9 - xda-developers

Both are some of the best Android devices ever made. It's like comparing a Ferrari to a Lamborghini.

From my perspective I've always chosen devices based upon the size of development community. Yesterday, when they announced that the SGSIII would be available on all 4 major US carriers on the same day, the decision was pretty much made for me.

Don't get me wrong, I think the HTC EVO 4G LTE is one of the best phones ever made and I'd even argue it feels more solid then anything Samsung has ever produced, but I can't ignore the fact, that development wise, there will be more activity in the SGSIII arena.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
My mother plans on getting the new Evo. She used a display model in a Sprint store and apparently fell in love. I'm fine with my E4GT, but a new Evo does look great...
Dat battery life! :p

Kapeckman

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if this has been said yet or not, just got an email from best buy yesterday for "dad's and grads" you can reserve ur s3 now and it's in white or blue

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you're a Verizon guy (like me) then this is currently the Best Phone on Verizon - by a large margin - I don't think the Verizon Nexus problems have anything to do with how the SIII will perform, particularly with the integrated S4 LTE chip that will probably be on every Verizon phone going forward for quite a while given that they have stated LTE only (even the iPhone won't be exempt anymore) and right now Tegra 3 still doesn't have any LTE option (integrated or not). I just pre ordered and will give it a full 14 day trial.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Since getting the Evo Lte, I for one don't think I'll be grabbing the GS3. Other than the extra GB of ram, there isn't much difference. Plus Android Central said that the end user will not have access to the extra GB of ram..because its used to run Touchwiz or something to that affect. So at the end, the SG3 will only have 1Gb of ram available just like the new Evo.

The features of the new SG3 is not that appealing to me either. S-Voice is just Vlingo pre-installed. I feel as though Samsung tries too much as to catch up or beat Apple that they put less interest in to other areas of the device and more into areas that can compete with the iphone

I feel that HTC thought about the customer when they developed the Evo. At first, I was like wtf..the design is ugly. But after holding the phone and using it...I love it. It's nice and sexy..People always ask me..what phone is that. I haven't had any lag or any issues that other people have experienced. And for the people that do have issues, they have to remember that it's an electronic device...sometimes issues arise. And I gurantee that when the SG3 do drop. it will be people posting issues with that device as well.

All in all, I think both phones are great. But I'll keep my new Evo because of timely updates and better build.

Last edited:

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Since getting the Evo Lte, I for one don't think I'll be grabbing the GS3. Other than the extra GB of ram, there isn't much difference. Plus Android Central said that the end user will not have access to the extra GB of ram..because its used to run Touchwiz or something to that affect. So at the end, the SG3 will only have 1Gb of ram available just like the new Evo. The features of the new SG3 is not that appealing to me either. S-Voice is just Vlingo pre-installed. I feel as though Samsung tries too much as to catch up or beat Apple that they put less interest in to other areas of the device and more into areas that can compete with the iphone

I feel that HTC thought about the customer when they developed the Evo. At first, I was like wtf..the design is ugly. But after holding the phone and using it...I love it. It's nice and sexy..People always ask me..what phone is that. I haven't had any lag or any issues that other people have experienced. And for the people that do have issues, they have to remember that it's an electronic device...sometimes issues arise. And I gurantee that when the SG3 do drop. it will be people posting issues with that device as well.

All in all, I think both phones are great. But I'll keep my new Evo because of timely updates and better build.

So am I wrong and assuming:

Sense + ICS running 700 Mb used or so. Add all the normal things running in the background and I generally have 150Mb left or so to Multitask.

Touchwiz+ ICS could use 1GB, add the normal background running stuff and you should have 800Mb or so left. Sounds like a HUGE difference.

And if Best Buy will let me switch my device out within 30 days I will probably switch (this multitasking thing is killing me) and leave my wife with the 4glte

shadowhawk2020

May 20, 2010
Visit site
On a phone, you'll probably honestly not be able to tell the difference between 1 and 2gb of ram, just like in a pc, after a point, you'll never see the difference...

Sent using my MoPho-King photon

Not true. While I have never run out of memory tasker routinely warns me I am running low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty