No Contact support in BMW BT hands-free !

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I duno about about syncing with my lambo, haven't gotten to it yet, however I can say that I have gotten it to work with my supersport veyron and my New McLaren:D (if you didn't catch the sarcasim, here is your hint)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

unclegeek

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
When I pair with my 2007 BMW 335i I don't get contacts onscreen. When I pair with my 2008 Audi, no problem. When I first pair the BMW I will get a prompt on the EVOLTE to allow the car to pull contacts.. by default a checkbox is checked that says "don't ask me again".. so I allow it.. after 45 minutes the display in the car is still showing the "...please wait" message. No contacts. clear everything and start over (unpair/delete on both) next time it prompted "don't ask me again", I unchecked and hit ok.. it pops right back up.. I uncheck and hit ok.. it pops right back up.. based on this I'm guessing the car and the phone are stuck in a perpetual loop of requesting the contact list.. and the phone doesn't respond the way the car expects. I had a similar problem a few years ago with a Palm Pre.. but later updates to that fixed the issue. I hope this is fixed on this crazy awesome new phone.

Anyone manage to get their contacts to display in their BMW? if so, what year/model?
I know this 2007 bluetooth support is not the greatest.

well magically one day recently the contact list just showed up!! like out of the blue I checked and it was there.. now things I've updated on the phone aren't up to date on the car contacts list.. but it's there.. sooooo I start using the phone on the hands-free and CRAP.. it works like crap.. I get audio drop on incoming voice.. I get loud squeal sound on the incoming.. usually the other person can still hear me and doesn't understand why I'm not responding.. once in a while it works full duplex for the whole call but rarely.. I usually drop the incoming sound pretty quickly. This is a major bummer.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
well magically one day recently the contact list just showed up!! like out of the blue I checked and it was there.. now things I've updated on the phone aren't up to date on the car contacts list.. but it's there.. sooooo I start using the phone on the hands-free and CRAP.. it works like crap.. I get audio drop on incoming voice.. I get loud squeal sound on the incoming.. usually the other person can still hear me and doesn't understand why I'm not responding.. once in a while it works full duplex for the whole call but rarely.. I usually drop the incoming sound pretty quickly. This is a major bummer.

That's strange cuz connectivity and sound is just perfect in my wifes BMW...also in my Audi

Sent from EVO 4G LTE

ralphieandroid

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
My HTC One S works fine with my BMW on 06 but the annoying thing is it drops the connection in the middle of conversation. Anybody with a similar issue and how was it solved?:(

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Just got a brand new Kia Soul with bluetooth audio and phone. My setup from the car side has an option to pull the contacts. It took about 20 seconds to transfer all my contacts over and everything worked perfectly. Music continued to stream and I even made a few test calls. Everything worked perfectly. My guess is that every car manufacturer implements their own solution and it either works well with any given phone or it doesn't. It looks like a crap shoot to me. I'd say that if it works on some cars and not on others, then the problem is likely to be with the car's solution and not on the phone.