Button Lights

pjrake

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Are the button lights supposed to go out during usr? Just noticed that they went out on me. Pretty annoying if I need to hit the Home button, especially if I'm in a dark place.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
They're supposed to be controlled by the light sensor, when you're in a bright place the backlighting isn't needed but they should come on in the dark. Mine seem to work fine.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
They light up based on the ambient light detected from the light sensor, the same thing the screen brightness uses. When in darker environments they light up brightly. When in well lit areas they will shut off or be dimly lit. You can turn off auto brightness for the screen and this will also turn off auto brightness for the buttons.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Wait, so you can't touch the middle part directly under the screen with the light that's already coming from the screen without the light from the home key? Really?

Sent from my ALL NEW HTC Evo 4G LTE!!

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Wait, so you can't touch the middle part directly under the screen with the light that's already coming from the screen without the light from the home key? Really?

please rephrase. i've read this about 10 times and i still dont understand the question...

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
please rephrase. i've read this about 10 times and i still dont understand the question...

The OP stated that its pretty annoying that the home button light doesn't turn on in the dark but the home button is in the middle of the phone under the screen. Its not that difficult to find the home button blindfolded let alone in the dark

View attachment 27237

ericj12

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
The OP stated that its pretty annoying that the home button light doesn't turn on in the dark but the home button is in the middle of the phone under the screen. Its not that difficult to find the home button blindfolded let alone in the dark

View attachment 27237

ah. true. mine work fine tho. i tested this last night when i read this post. the buttons were dim so i covered the top of the phone with my hand and they lit up. then i let go and they dimmed again. i did this like 4 times until i told myself ok forget it...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
runblue