notification bar not opening

zakphi

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
i am not sure if its me or my phone, but at random times i cant swipe the notification bar down. i can tap and open apps and swipe through my homescreens, but the damn notification bar wont open. the only way i found to fix this issue is turn the phone off then back on. has anyone else experienced this?

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
I got an Otterbox case, and I have the same problem. You have to have a good bit of contact right at the top of the screen and pull down (I use the side of my finger, not the tip). It works fine without the case though.

R

rmoise973

I'm having the same issue with my EVOLTE and it appears to be temporarily fix when I slide a thin piece of paper between the seams above the HTC logo. I thought it was the case also but after removing the case and restoring the phone back to stock. The same issue comes up - funny thing it works in landscape mode when your text message or browser.

brokenchode

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same issue and it's not due to the ottercase. Wiping in between the seams works temporarily for a week and problems comes back.:(

I was having the same issue....I had to touch swipe multiple times. Back button was also messed up... I took it back to Sprint, have my new one today. There was no doubt something was wrong with my first LTE, however I am quickly finding out that you have to touch more firmly than the evo3d.

sabbys

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Just as a heads up, Nova Launcher supports gestures on the home screen where if you sweep down anywhere it brings down the notification bar. Now folks may not want to run Nova but it made me think that there are gesture settings in Settings, maybe a similar setup can be set there.

A thought.

sabbys

watzone69

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The same thing started happening to me last week. At first it would come back when I rebooted but not anymore. Every once in awhile it will work however. I've tried cleaning the seam between the screen and the speaker with paper... no luck.

As reported before, the pull down works in landscape but I have noticed that the part of the screen that would be the top in portrait is less responsive. Is the top of my screen dying on me? Maybe time to RUU and return.

EDIT: Noticed that I can't access the controls for the camera either. Has anyone figured out anything more on this?

Last edited:

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
This started happening to me 4 days ago. It is really annoying. Every single time I reboot the phone tells me that it recovered from an abnormal reset and asks me to send info to HTC. I've had this phone for 3 months. I wonder why now...

brokenchode

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
This started happening to me 4 days ago. It is really annoying. Every single time I reboot the phone tells me that it recovered from an abnormal reset and asks me to send info to HTC. I've had this phone for 3 months. I wonder why now...

did you do the OTA HTC update? Settings - > Sys Updates - > HTC software update

kayropr

May 13, 2010
Visit site
yes, I did the update before this issue started.

Like the other person said, the camera settings don't work when the status bar stops working.

Last edited:

techtonica

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same damn problem on a brand new phone I just had replaced. Now I have to go all the way back to the sprint service center twice for yet another phone. I am done with HTC. It's just been one fail after another. I didn't love Samsung's UI, or Droid 4, but at least they work. I am stuck with this piece of crap for 1.8 years, though. Very upset. I hope someone calls HTC and gets them to fix this.

cherylbaker

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem did a factory test and reinstalled my apps and it hasn't happened since

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums