"Disabled" stock Messages app, no "enable" option now

sveilien

Jun 18, 2010
www.punnyshirts.com
I read somewhere that if you are using a 3rd party messaging app (I am, Handcent) that you can disable the stock one to save on available memory. I disabled it, along with other things I don't use like Twitter for Sense, Stocks etc.

Well now Handcent doesn't receive MMS. I tried to re-enable the stock Messages app but all it has is a greyed out "Disable" button, though all the other apps I disabled have the Enable option.

Any ideas? :confused:

marksr#AC

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
I read somewhere that if you are using a 3rd party messaging app (I am, Handcent) that you can disable the stock one to save on available memory. I disabled it, along with other things I don't use like Twitter for Sense, Stocks etc.

Well now Handcent doesn't receive MMS. I tried to re-enable the stock Messages app but all it has is a greyed out "Disable" button, though all the other apps I disabled have the Enable option.

Any ideas? :confused:

I don't have phone in front of me, but usually if you disable "use handcent by default" (I forget the wording), the next time you get a text you will get a pop-up asking which messaging app you want to open the message with, check off "remember this decision" (or however it's worded) and then click the stock messaging app, it'll now be your default-