SoundHound Installed, but not in list of Apps

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
The Play Store kept saying I had apps to update, so I finally updated Soundhound, but it's not showing up anywhere, even after I perform a search with the magnifying glass. The interesting thing is that I can launch it from the play store.

I was about to uninstall it via the My Apps section of the Play Store and then re-install it, but the confirmation message was "Do you want to uninstall all updates to this Android system app? Since it's a system app, I decided to wait and see what others might have to say before I go any further.

Any ideas? it seems strange that I can't see it anywhere... Am I missing something?

Thanks
David

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
You can also create a shortcut to the Soundhound listen action (hold on home screen, select shortcuts, select Soundhound). This will create an icon you can use on your home screen to launch Soundhound in listening mode.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of manufacturers bundling apps in the ROM like this. I bought Soundhound previously and would like to have the full standalone app just like on any other phone.

Reactions: Cowchip

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Guys,

I never even looked at that app yet... But I agree with the budnling of apps in the ROM. I havethe Tunein Radio app baked in the ROM, as well as the Pro version I picked up last year for .99 cents...

I guess If I'm that interested in Soundhound I'll create the shortcut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress