Spam Notifications

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
The past few days I have been receiving spam notifications saying " win a 500 dollar gas card from Sprint" or even saomething to do with singles in the area. I also noticed an app on my front screen that I did not download. I got rid of the app or at leat removed it, but I cannot find it to uninsatll it. My bigger question is how to I set-up my phone not to recieve these annoying spam notifications. Have I downloaded some virus due to getting free music downloads? Thank you

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
There are a ton of posts on this, but I'll answer it again. You downloaded an app that is putting the ads in your bar (possibly the same one that put a shortcut on your home screen). Download airpush detector from the play store and it will show you which one is doing it so you can remove it.

Last edited:

Corysm

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded Bowman and the seething happened. Deleted it and the ads disappeared.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
This is my first smart phone, but with these phones being computers is there a good trusted app to download for virus protection. Do these phones already come with anti virus software as a laptop that is bought from a store? Thank you

Cyrene

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I use Antivirus Free. Work well. Download from the play store.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
This is my first smart phone, but with these phones being computers is there a good trusted app to download for virus protection. Do these phones already come with anti virus software as a laptop that is bought from a store? Thank you

Avast. Definitly Avast (it's free)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non