Screwed something up and need some help please!

Mortified

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I have a rooted phone and I was running the Charmeleon 5.0.0 Rom. I wanted to try out the Viper Rom but I screwed up and now I need some help.

I booted into TWRP recovery and did a wipe of the system like it said to. I hit reboot on accident and now my phone is sitting on the white "HTC quietly brilliant" "This build is for development purposes only. Do not distribute outside of HTC without HTC's written permission. Failure to comply may lead to legal action." screen.

I can't get it to go back to the recovery and I wiped the old Rom so there isn't an operating system to boot into. What do I do from here?? Thanks for your help!!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
First you should always have a backup of your sense rom stored on your phone.

Second, if you have no rom loaded now all you have to do is pull your sdcard, drag and drop any rom file you choose from the net (ie. viper rom, cm10 or various others). As long as its on your sd card you can install it to your phone.

Now the last part you'll need help on. I haven't loaded any roms on this phone yet. On the last evo all you had to do when stuck in a loop or otherwise was power off your phone and power back on using power button and volume button to boot directly into recovery (man the old evo was a joy to flash and work on).

As i have no exp with this phone yet someone will have to verify how to boot back into recovery for you.

kbp08tls

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Hold down Power for 10 seconds or so until the cpacitive buttons flash and the phone shuts down. Then hold Power + Vol Down until it boots into the bootloader (the white screen with the colorful text). It might take a couple of tries to time it right. Once you're in the bootloader, use volume button to select recovery, then power to get into TWRP. Wipe everything again and then flash Viper or restore back to Charmeleon (you did make a nand before proceeding, correct?).

Reactions: PreMo15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa