Battery since update

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Battery life has been more than excitable for me, I've been able to hold a charge all day and I I pulled my phone off the charger at 6am its almost midnight and I'm at 14%. The battery life alone on the stock kernel makes me happy I flashed the update.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
As an example, I stream satellite radio all day Monday through Friday and since the update it went from 12 percent an hour (which was good to begin with) to 8 per hour. Outstanding. I had smartphones that would use 8 percent just laying idle.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
My phone before this was a Pre. Loved Webos. Battery life was horrible. Whenever I find myself missing Webos I just pull up my battery usage screen. It helps a little :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Amazing battery life since the update and it beat my old 3D before the update. I'm noticing that voice calls are using an amazingly little about of battery.

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2012-09-03-03-01-10.png
I have had what I thought was pretty good battery life. Always get through the day no matter what I do with 10 to 50% battery left. I went away for the holiday weekend. Where I was had a nearby tower with 5 bars and pretty good 3g. This blew me away. I talked, texted, facebooked, Pandora, email, etc. I think the signal strength and no wifi on just knocked it out of the park. Bob

Last edited:

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Waited to post to make sure it was not just because of the resets, but there is no doubt have significantly better battery life after update.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
May be too late at this point, but what would be great is someone could run some battery drain tests on a device that has NOT yet accepted the update and then run the same tests on the same device AFTER the update.

Its been a significant improvement for me I know, now going 16 hours with normal usage and still at 50-60% or so, but I don't have any hard data to document it.

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I just finally for the update and am looking forward to these kind if results.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Duffin

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Okay, what am I doing wrong? Ever since the update, my battery life has been terrible. Used to easily go a whole day without charging and now it's been off the charger for 3 hours and it's already down to 66%.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay, what am I doing wrong? Ever since the update, my battery life has been terrible. Used to easily go a whole day without charging and now it's been off the charger for 3 hours and it's already down to 66%.

Sounds like there is something constantly running. Check your most recent installed apps. If you installed anything since the update try un installing or just go for it and do a factory reset.

Sent from my EVO 4g lte

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm kind of confused. I didn't use my phone at all during the day (and didn't open maps either, so I don't know what it's deal is). What keeps waking the phone? Anyone know any apps that will tell you what is keeping your phone from going to sleep?Screenshot_2012-09-11-15-09-05.jpgScreenshot_2012-09-11-15-09-10.jpg

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing. I got rid of chrome and instantly doubled battery life. There are several threads on this and there is a setting in chrome for refresh or sync that supposedly fix it. I didn't like it anyway. Also your gps is on. Do you need it? One other thing I have noticed is against popular opinion but 3g on my phone uses much less battery than wifi for some reason. Bob

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Mine was doing the same thing. I got rid of chrome and instantly doubled battery life. There are several threads on this and there is a setting in chrome for refresh or sync that supposedly fix it. I didn't like it anyway. Also your gps is on. Do you need it? One other thing I have noticed is against popular opinion but 3g on my phone uses much less battery than wifi for some reason. Bob

Maybe preloading webpages? Can you point me to the thread?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347487255906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347487255906.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 115

deadeye99

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Search the main forum for chrome battery life. It was happening to all devices with ics and chrome. Try uninstalling it and see if it works for you. It's free and easy to reinstall if it doesn't so there isn't anything to lose. Worked for me. Bob

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Googled it and found it out it was tilt to scroll in labs. It uses your orientation sensor whenever chrome is running

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty