Alarm Clock is no longer dependable.

John Hennessy1

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Mine works but is so quite its useless. Volume is all the way up.. I've tried everything to short of getting a new phone.. Oh I have had my phone for two years with no issues until recently...

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine works but is so quite its useless. Volume is all the way up.. I've tried everything to short of getting a new phone.. Oh I have had my phone for two years with no issues until recently...

in the stock alarm, you can go into settings and set alarm volume. it's a different setting than the ringer/media setting. have you tried that?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ugh, it stopped working again. Think Daylight Saving Time could be the culprit?

Follow me on Twitter: @TonyLibations

Sent from my EVO L(a)TE using Android Central Forums.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any issues either but I would suggest Alarm Clock Plus. It seems to be more reliable than the stock alarm app and I have never had an issue with this app for the past 3 phones. I am not normally the one to post an answer to a question you didn't ask (like are there any good alarm clock apps), but this might solve your issue and put your mind at ease.

This + 1

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

indecks

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bump an older thread but I have this same problem. I'm running a custom ROM, but this problem persists over several ROMs. The stock android alarm will stop responding. I'll wake up with the phone quiet and screen turned off. I'll turn it on and have a window that says "Alarm is not responding. Wait or close" then when I close it, the alarm goes off. After that, even the snooze works. It will go off 10 minutes later. I also have tried Alarm Clock Plus, and the same thing is happening.

With ACP I have the little alarm clock figure in the task bar. It's the last thing I do with my phone before bed, so the JB task killer doesn't affect it. I've tried using a standard alarm and just turning it on every night, as well as having a repeating alarm (M-F @ 730am). Both do the same thing. But the weird thing is if I set another alarm to test it, and set it for maybe 5 minutes later, it will work. I've tried clearing data from ACP as well as the stock app, manually removing my alarms and recreating them, etc. Nothing seems to work!

p4ck3ts3nd3r

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to bump an older thread but I have this same problem. I'm running a custom ROM, but this problem persists over several ROMs. The stock android alarm will stop responding. I'll wake up with the phone quiet and screen turned off. I'll turn it on and have a window that says "Alarm is not responding. Wait or close" then when I close it, the alarm goes off. After that, even the snooze works. It will go off 10 minutes later. I also have tried Alarm Clock Plus, and the same thing is happening.

With ACP I have the little alarm clock figure in the task bar. It's the last thing I do with my phone before bed, so the JB task killer doesn't affect it. I've tried using a standard alarm and just turning it on every night, as well as having a repeating alarm (M-F @ 730am). Both do the same thing. But the weird thing is if I set another alarm to test it, and set it for maybe 5 minutes later, it will work. I've tried clearing data from ACP as well as the stock app, manually removing my alarms and recreating them, etc. Nothing seems to work!

Apparently all custom ROMs have this same issue. I have tried about 6 or 7 different ones, and they have all had the same issue. It's very disappointing. Even if you use another alarm clock app. I don't know if anyone else has this problem: The Calendar reminders do not work either.

I wish I could depend on any type of alarm/reminder, however, I can't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989