What has changed to cause issues?

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
This phone was perfect for the first couple of months but the last 6 weeks or so several problems have come up.
1. Trouble staying connected to network. Requires reboot.
2. Wifi gets confused requires reboot
3. Issues with contacts. Can't dial out. Deleted contacts reappearing. Edited contacts now appearing twice (before edit version and after edit version)
4. The camera, which was really good now takes grainy pics. (cleaned the lense)

This is a stock phone. All updates are current. I will be traveling to a weak signal area today which means I will have to repeatedly reboot phone to text or call.

What has changed?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mastertech

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I have been having the same issues as you with the exception of the camera, my camera works perfect.
In all my years with Sprint I have never been as frustrated with a phone as I am this one.
I am wishing now I had kept my EVO 4G instead of buying this phone.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd highly recommend flashing something like mean ROM from xda. Super regular updates, awesome features, overall great ROM. If you don't want to go down the rooting route then my suggestion would be doing a factory reset. Kind of the goto thing for random recurring problems.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This phone was perfect for the first couple of months but the last 6 weeks or so several problems have come up.
1. Trouble staying connected to network. Requires reboot.
2. Wifi gets confused requires reboot
3. Issues with contacts. Can't dial out. Deleted contacts reappearing. Edited contacts now appearing twice (before edit version and after edit version)
4. The camera, which was really good now takes grainy pics. (cleaned the lense)

This is a stock phone. All updates are current. I will be traveling to a weak signal area today which means I will have to repeatedly reboot phone to text or call.

What has changed?

1- not sure if it will help but there is a new prl update out and you should enable roaming data since it doesn't cost us anything on sprint. I've really only seen this issue on a custom Rom such as cm10 though.

2- check advanced WiFi settings to ensure max performance mode is selected and have it set to never sleep.

3- check your account sync settings. Looks like your joined contacts night be broken.

4- check your advanced camera settings to make sure nothing strange is enabled and return to default if possible.

I'm sure you've probably already tried a hard reset? That's usually the best thing to try and if you still have issues the. I'd say its hardware.

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I did a simulated battery pull and at least the network issues have improved. I did do the prl update prior to my post. The contact issue seems to be better although I still have double contacts when I "search" but not when I go directly to contacts (people)

The camera thing is really annoying as I work for a radio station and post pictures from my phone frequently. Ultimately I may have to do a hard reset but I think I'll try a cutip and some lense clever first. Oddly when I take a pic through Instagram the picture is clearer. Wth? Thanks for your response. I really appreciate it.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know why you guys are having this issues but my phone works perfectly

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

No offense but when I hear "working perfectly" my first thought is you must never use your phone. I've had some electronics that I've really liked but I'd be hard pressed to call anything perfect. There are a lot of things I do like about this phone but it is a far far cry from perfect and there are plenty of well documented outstanding issues so I'm not the anomaly.

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
My phone is running perfectly as well. And I "use" my phone. 3 email accounts, mp3 player, games, instant messaging, text messaging, facebook, news updates, web browsing, e-reader and youtube. I am on my phone rather frequently. Granted I am rooted running MeanROM but my phone experience is amazing. I love this phone.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
My phone is running perfectly as well. And I "use" my phone. 3 email accounts, mp3 player, games, instant messaging, text messaging, facebook, news updates, web browsing, e-reader and youtube. I am on my phone rather frequently. Granted I am rooted running MeanROM but my phone experience is amazing. I love this phone.

This is my first android phone and I wanted to stay stock and hold off on rooting or custom roms for a while but maybe I'll look into it sooner than later. I kind of wanted to see what the jelly bean update did to the phone while still being stock but who knows when that will be.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
No offense but when I hear "working perfectly" my first thought is you must never use your phone. I've had some electronics that I've really liked but I'd be hard pressed to call anything perfect. There are a lot of things I do like about this phone but it is a far far cry from perfect and there are plenty of well documented outstanding issues so I'm not the anomaly.

As I've pointed out before on other threads the documented issues on the EvoLTE don't affect everybody, just like a perfect experience doesn't mean all of them are like that, a buggy one doesn't mean all of them are buggy. Especially when a lot of us are on various ROMs and not fully stock.

scratchfwb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input. Very enlightening. Don't let the specific issues mentioned derail you from your little discourse on semantics.

Jarnld

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
No phone will ever be perfect or the way you want until YOU make it that way...hence rooting and roms etc... To the original poster:

Go to Contacts, Settings, Manage Contacts, De-Duplicate - see if that helps.

The network issue could be any number of things. I'm assuming you haven't messed with any of the settings? Meaning, you're totally stock, correct? Does it do it all the time, or just with 3g? 4g?

What do you mean WI-Fi gets confused? You mean it disconnects randomly?

natebug

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. Phone shows 3G and WiFi active at the same time. When this occurs, speed dial does not work. Problem resolved after performing a restart. Phone is stock.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am very happy with my phone. It works great for me . The perfect phone with no occasional issues has not been invented yet.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Last edited:

DPCHAM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
@ jarnid, I got to settings but I don't have manage contacts and de-duplicate. Could you please expand on your answer. I'm on 41 and am rather new to this phone. Thanks.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
@ jarnid, I got to settings but I don't have manage contacts and de-duplicate. Could you please expand on your answer. I'm on 41 and am rather new to this phone. Thanks.

If you are running 2.13.651.1 710RD, open the People Application, click the menu button (the three stacked periods at the top right), select "Manage Contacts", then on the next screen click "De-duplicate contacts".

This might work on a previous version as well, but that is the version I have installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez