Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 30 of 133 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #726  
    zakphi's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    Mid December, last update One X got, EVO got it bout 2 weeks later, I dont see a change in this so lets just wait. Maybe the dates that were thrown around were for the One X?
    that reasoning does make some sense, but if you look at the 3rd leaked screenshot the OP posted and if it is real, it has a picture of the evo lte. now, i could understand why you may think the dates were for the one x, if there was no image of the evo, but instead of the one x.

    Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    Who's the next manufacturer to helm the Nexus line?
    i do believe, there were rumors going around before LG released their nexus, that HTC was going to create one, but since then, I have not heard/seen anything.

    my opinion about this whole debacle is that HTC gave Sprint the JB code so they (sprint) can add their to it and then push it out to us, but Sprint is moving like turtles and taking their sweet time doing whatever they need to do. if you think about it, the reason why nexus devices get updated so quickly is because the carrier is not the in way.
  2. #727  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Here's my update for the day from my person on the inside, take it for what it is, but I find it a little odd that it matches what the guy a few posts before this one said.

    She said the newest information they have is it will be released the 2nd as well and it was pushed back for a few tweeks for compatibility with Sense. I asked what others questioned, that's a Sunday. She said why not? It's when everyone will least expect it and its not like it uses a whole lot of extra man power or resources from sprint, just a little extra load on the servers.

    A few other reasons it was pushed back was because the iPhone activation problem I previously mentioned but also black Friday sales of the GS3, with how many they sold its pulling a lot from the servers due to activations and updates out of the box, plus they ran out and are back ordered.

    That's all I have for now, as always, I will update with any new information.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  3. #728  
    BigDinCA's Avatar

    Posts
    882 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by geomatrix View Post
    ....... Maybe the dates that were thrown around were for the One X?
    Sounds plausible except Sprint has never sold the One X. There's no reason that a Sprint screenshot about software updates, picturing the EVO, would be about the One X. Nobody at Sprint cares about the One X.
  4. #729  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigDinCA View Post
    Nobody at Sprint cares about the One X.
    Or the EVO LTE, for that matter.
    Tony Anderson
    Jacksonville, FL
    @TonyLibations <---For the Twitterin'
  5. #730  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    You can ride your "I shouldn't have to root" high-horse all you want. Leave yourself at the mercy of the manufacturer and carrier to fix your issues for you. The fact remains that you have a phone with issues that frustrate you.

    Or you can take matters into your own hands, root, and be done with it.

    I prefer to control my own destiny.
    I would love to root my phone, but i am too afraid to f up my phone, don't have the money to be replacing, saw the pokemon rom, love it, don't think i can have it on this phone though, can anyone put me at ease about rooting? Can follow directions but not sure what ask the lingo is, ie; dalvik and other random words that are used! Lol

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  6. #731  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Having to root just to get usable phone functionality is ridiculous. I agree with everything you said and even if I root my phone tonight and everything works great it doesn't change the fact that I payed good money for a top of the line phone (at least it was supposed to be) that the f'ing caller id won't even work.

    I can read a book in the time it takes to load a contact and that's just pathetic
    I wholeheartedly agree. In a perfect world, there would be no need. But, it is what it is. And while you have been waiting on pins and needles for an "official" update and complaining about your problems, I've been enjoying JB since early August on CM10, and have never experienced contact lag or any of the other issues that people have been complaining about.

    You want JB-like smoothness but with all of the Sense goodies and still have Google Now, without having to wait for contacts to load? Try MeanRom. You want to tweak to your heart's content? Try Viper. The point is, there is plenty of development out there for you (or anyone else) to take advantage of, and it's not that hard get there. You can either drive the bus, or go along for the ride.
    So Cold likes this.
  7. #732  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by admire816 View Post
    Here's my update for the day from my person on the inside, take it for what it is, but I find it a little odd that it matches what the guy a few posts before this one said.

    She said the newest information they have is it will be released the 2nd as well and it was pushed back for a few tweeks for compatibility with Sense. I asked what others questioned, that's a Sunday. She said why not? It's when everyone will least expect it and its not like it uses a whole lot of extra man power or resources from sprint, just a little extra load on the servers.

    A few other reasons it was pushed back was because the iPhone activation problem I previously mentioned but also black Friday sales of the GS3, with how many they sold its pulling a lot from the servers due to activations and updates out of the box, plus they ran out and are back ordered.

    That's all I have for now, as always, I will update with any new information.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Sorry but it was not pushed back bc of iPhone activations. Does not effect this any way at all no matter how you stretch it.

    If she shows 2nd in their system now as the date then so be it but she will not see info for reasons why an unconfirmed OTA was delayed at the supervisor level of a call center... That's them putting their 2cents opinion on it.

    Get a SS of that being the reason why its delayed and ill eat crow. Otherwise let's not kid ourselves with that reasoning...

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  8. #733  
    spencer311's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    I would love to root my phone, but i am too afraid to f up my phone, don't have the money to be replacing, saw the pokemon rom, love it, don't think i can have it on this phone though, can anyone put me at ease about rooting? Can follow directions but not sure what ask the lingo is, ie; dalvik and other random words that are used! Lol

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I have messed up when I was rooting... Its really hard to actually brick your phone. My first evo I got at a time when there was no root for it and I had to go in and do it manually and had no idea what I was doing and although it took me like 4 hours I never messed up my phone. Im sure you can do it. and its well worth it. Im running JB right now and I love it. I think the newest root software is called dirtyracun and if its as easy as the software I used before that its like one click. If you start installing ROMs just make sure you make Nandroid backups.
    Thanked by:
  9. #734  
    calvinserrano's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM 6.4

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    According to Dec. 2nd being the 4.1.1 update, it should be true. There is this user from the sprint community forums saying that he talked to an HTC representative testing out Jellybean on LTEvo's at one of their Tech stores in Arizona. Lets see what happens on Sunday/Monday. I hope sprint announces it already, because it is only two days away. (and lets hope this 4glte thing is gunna work. even though theres no lte here in denver, I'm going to Virgina Beach to test it out)
  10. #735  
    calvinserrano's Avatar

    Posts
    31 Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM 6.4

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    Sorry but it was not pushed back bc of iPhone activations. Does not effect this any way at all no matter how you stretch it.

    If she shows 2nd in their system now as the date then so be it but she will not see info for reasons why an unconfirmed OTA was delayed at the supervisor level of a call center... That's them putting their 2cents opinion on it.

    Get a SS of that being the reason why its delayed and ill eat crow. Otherwise let's not kid ourselves with that reasoning...

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    According to the Sprint Forums, HTC was not comfortable with the new mods in the UI of sense and pulled it right away. But it is going to be Dec. 2nd that the update come out.
  11. #736  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    I have messed up when I was rooting... Its really hard to actually brick your phone. My first evo I got at a time when there was no root for it and I had to go in and do it manually and had no idea what I was doing and although it took me like 4 hours I never messed up my phone. Im sure you can do it. and its well worth it. Im running JB right now and I love it. I think the newest root software is called dirtyracun and if its as easy as the software I used before that its like one click. If you start installing ROMs just make sure you make Nandroid backups.
    That's the thing, is nandroid backup an app? Or is it easier than im thinking?, sorry im not on topic

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  12. #737  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    I would love to root my phone, but i am too afraid to f up my phone, don't have the money to be replacing, saw the pokemon rom, love it, don't think i can have it on this phone though, can anyone put me at ease about rooting? Can follow directions but not sure what ask the lingo is, ie; dalvik and other random words that are used! Lol

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Google HTC evo 4g lte root guide. It's all laid out in an easy to follow / can't screw up tutorial. The video tutorial didn't work for me the other day when I had to root my replacement phone but the instructions are clear as day.

    Sent from my EVO
  13. #738  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by celticking View Post
    Google HTC evo 4g lte root guide. It's all laid out in an easy to follow / can't screw up tutorial. The video tutorial didn't work for me the other day when I had to root my replacement phone but the instructions are clear as day.

    Sent from my EVO
    Lol, did you realize what you wrote after you sent this? "can't screw up" but you did screw up? I'll check it out though, thank you

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  14. #739  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by kbp08tls View Post
    I wholeheartedly agree. In a perfect world, there would be no need. But, it is what it is. And while you have been waiting on pins and needles for an "official" update and complaining about your problems, I've been enjoying JB since early August on CM10, and have never experienced contact lag or any of the other issues that people have been complaining about.

    You want JB-like smoothness but with all of the Sense goodies and still have Google Now, without having to wait for contacts to load? Try MeanRom. You want to tweak to your heart's content? Try Viper. The point is, there is plenty of development out there for you (or anyone else) to take advantage of, and it's not that hard get there. You can either drive the bus, or go along for the ride.
    I'll give HTC a bit to get their act together and then look into getting either a new phone or rooted. I'm getting ready to leave the country again and I just don't have time to deal with this crap.

    But yes I have just enough time to complain about it in the forum :-)

    I may root either way, I'll hit you up if I do
  15. #740  
    geomatrix's Avatar

    Posts
    73 Posts
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I wanna root, but I should have done that back when I received the phone, now the only way to root is to wipe my phone, even tho there's nothing important that I could lose without backing up... Wait now that I think about it I only have game scores n stuff... Hmm maybe I'll root if that damn power saver being stuck in the notification bar annoys me enough

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  16. #741  
    eXplicit815's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Sprint Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I'm S-OFF'd and Rooted myself. It's really not as intimidating of a task as it looks. And you'd be happy when you were done.

    As for this Dec. 2 update release, I'm not holding my breath. First it was the 11/15, then the 11/27, then a couple more days... I'll just wait until I see 30 new threads started on the XDA General forum saying that they got the release. BTW, does that happen here as well?
  17. #742  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    Lol, did you realize what you wrote after you sent this? "can't screw up" but you did screw up? I'll check it out though, thank you

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Yeah, I did read it. Lost the phone. Didn't brick anything. You're welcome.

    Sent from my EVO
  18. #743  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by admire816 View Post
    Here's my update for the day from my person on the inside, take it for what it is, but I find it a little odd that it matches what the guy a few posts before this one said.

    She said the newest information they have is it will be released the 2nd as well and it was pushed back for a few tweeks for compatibility with Sense. I asked what others questioned, that's a Sunday. She said why not? It's when everyone will least expect it and its not like it uses a whole lot of extra man power or resources from sprint, just a little extra load on the servers.

    A few other reasons it was pushed back was because the iPhone activation problem I previously mentioned but also black Friday sales of the GS3, with how many they sold its pulling a lot from the servers due to activations and updates out of the box, plus they ran out and are back ordered.

    That's all I have for now, as always, I will update with any new information.

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    I again believe what you say because I have gotten similar information. So if I am off 2 or 3 days from my original comment then I will still very much consider my source of information reliable. How can 2 different people who don't even know each other be getting very very similar info.

    EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    love my evo.
  19. #744  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by calvinserrano View Post
    According to the Sprint Forums, HTC was not comfortable with the new mods in the UI of sense and pulled it right away. But it is going to be Dec. 2nd that the update come out.
    Really?.... Believing everything on sprints forums.... Come on guys

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  20. #745  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by eXplicit815 View Post
    I'm S-OFF'd and Rooted myself. It's really not as intimidating of a task as it looks. And you'd be happy when you were done.

    As for this Dec. 2 update release, I'm not holding my breath. First it was the 11/15, then the 11/27, then a couple more days... I'll just wait until I see 30 new threads started on the XDA General forum saying that they got the release. BTW, does that happen here as well?
    30?..... Come on you know we won't allow that to fly. Will be Nuked instantly

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  21. #746  
    spencer311's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Kizzmocat View Post
    That's the thing, is nandroid backup an app? Or is it easier than im thinking?, sorry im not on topic

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    No its not an app. Once you root you can install a custom recovery and that is where you can install roms and kernals. I personally use TWRP but for somebody starting out Clockwork recovery might be easier. But all you have to do is hit the backup button. That way if you mess things up all you have to do is restore it to your last working rom.
    Thanked by:
  22. #747  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by spencer311 View Post
    No its not an app. Once you root you can install a custom recovery and that is where you can install roms and kernals. I personally use TWRP but for somebody starting out Clockwork recovery might be easier. But all you have to do is hit the backup button. That way if you mess things up all you have to do is restore it to your last working rom.
    There are some good backup apps out there like titanium. Even ES file explorer should be enough to backup app data. Just make sure your backups are on the external sd card. I was shocked at how easy it was to get this phone rooted. I'm on hboot 1.12 though. Got this phone the day it came out. YMMV
    Thanked by:
  23. #748  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I again believe what you say because I have gotten similar information. So if I am off 2 or 3 days from my original comment then I will still very much consider my source of information reliable. How can 2 different people who don't even know each other be getting very very similar info.

    EVO-LUTION 4G LTE
    The dude was kidnapped by HTC....TWICE, he's legit
    Thanked by:
    zmann likes this.
  24. #749  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Okay guys seriously? Can you take your little rooting party somewhere else? We all want to see updates about JB.

    Plus there are plenty of threads that explain in a great detail how to root a phone properly. This guy shouldn't have to explain everything to you... Just sayin...


    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    koam likes this.
  25. #750  
    eXplicit815's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Sprint Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    30?..... Come on you know we won't allow that to fly. Will be Nuked instantly

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    I didn't mean 30, literally. I know you got it lock down Sgt. I'll keep up my efforts in informing people to stop making a new thread every time they get 4G in a specific area as well as whenever this release comes out. I'll be the pre-lock informer. LOL

    Actually, can that be my title? The Pre-Lock Informer?
Page 30 of 133 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions