Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 42 of 133 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 3309
Like Tree2031Likes
  1. #1026  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    I think that just to make this more fun, Android Central should hold a contest (prize TBA) for the person who guesses the date in which JB will land on this phone. How about it Phil/Jerry and crew? *wink*
    My guess date for JB Dec.12,2012

    sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    Thanked by:
  2. #1027  
    The Urban Legend's Avatar

    Posts
    11 Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM ICS v6.5

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    What route did you go as far as rooting?

    Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE
    I followed this step by step

    How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE! [Unlock Bootloader][TWRP Recovery] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!

    Quote Originally Posted by mammo3 View Post
    Cool, I used HTCdev on my last phone so I'll give this a shot. Tired of waiting as long as the camera works on Mean Rom
    yeah the sense camera is the reason I went with MeanROM instead of CM10
  3. #1028  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Ok so now the ATT GS3 is getting their JB update. If we don't get it this month...and the sooner the better...HTC is done. This is completely ludicrous...
  4. #1029  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    Ok so now the ATT GS3 is getting their JB update. If we don't get it this month...and the sooner the better...HTC is done. This is completely ludicrous...
    What does att GS3 have to do with HTC being done?......

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  5. #1030  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    I think that just to make this more fun, Android Central should hold a contest (prize TBA) for the person who guesses the date in which JB will land on this phone. How about it Phil/Jerry and crew? *wink*
    Let's add "how many posts we can get this thread up to by the big day?". Over a thousand before we've even got confirmation that we're getting jelly bean...not too bad
  6. #1031  
    eXplicit815's Avatar

    Posts
    136 Posts
    ROM
    Sprint Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by So Cold View Post
    Let's add "how many posts we can get this thread up to by the big day?". Over a thousand before we've even got confirmation that we're getting jelly bean...not too bad
    Too many people have come out and said they know the day, and there's been many many rants since. It'll boost another couple hundred posts on the next speculated date.
  7. #1032  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Before or after end of year?....or end of January?

    Loser changes Sig for a month.... That's what we do.

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  8. #1033  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by sgt. slaughter View Post
    What does att GS3 have to do with HTC being done?......

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    The fact that the GS3 came out after our phone but getting this update before us just disgusts me. No word on when, or even IF (yes I know we'll probably get it yea yea yea) though HTC's wording is always "we're currently assessing if the Evo will get the JB update". Come on...they can at least let us know something even halfway solid.

    And by "HTC is done", I meant I'm done with them if no update by 12/31/12. I'd even let it slide if by that date they give us a solid future date for the update (as long as it's not too far in the future). Sure Sprint is mostly to blame I'm sure, but I can't help but assume HTC is partially the culprit here too.
  9. #1034  
    HawaiiD's Avatar

    Posts
    943 Posts
    Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by AeonZeroX View Post
    Google Now is an upgrade over the previous Google Voice Search option they use to use. Heck if you look at it in the market outright it only works on 4.1 and above for this reason. Otherwise the changes between Android Jelly bean and ICS is pretty minor, like almost not even apparent minor coming from the old GSM Galaxy Nexus i rock for the great part of the year. Honestly I'm not going to gripe too much on the lack of an update and more on the fact, what is up with the lack of transparency.

    We all know Sprint Tech support and some upper level management look at these boards, and im sure if someone made up a poll on those having issues it would definitely be higher than 60% of those just comment, but probably a good chunk of all EVO LTE Users. Mostly I can't understand which party is at fault and why on earth they aren't attempting to rectify said issue. Half of us literally wouldn't care if they just dropped a press release said hey we know you guys are there and we know what's up and here's what's going on, etc. etc. Now i know i have about as much data as the others, but lucked out over break one my cousins does work for HTC, though not directly involved in updates for phones, but more the servers, their forums and a network admin there.

    He said back to me they do know about the issue, and know its really pissing off all HTC phone users of Android right now, honestly a lot of those general users that use to focus on software were re purposed for the design teams, and other ventures in and around HTC, they are restructuring. Again i was like really? So what on earth is upper level management doing, this has been going on for a few months, they at that time are still discussing what to do but no one had a true answer. Honestly i just want some closure, i don't want to switch to Samsung i just hate their hardware, updates or not it still inferior plastic and lousy quality as a whole outside the spec's and the screen. If you guys got better data, hey go ahead and post it at least we can try and collaborate and see if the data matches up. Its just annoying to have to go through three phones because updates have all but killed the device time and time again. Honestly once this is done, since im not insane enough to leave my unlimited data 4G LTE, just switching to WP later. Honestly even if we did have the update to 4.1, when on earth would we ever see 4.2? Probably close to never, and the whole root your and slap CM10 or whatever on it just shouldn't be a pass for any new and modern phone. Your phone should simply work, and OEMs should stop messing with what does work and peddling their own agenda, this situation hasn't changed at all since 2.3 when the updates started really ramping up and it won't change next year at all. Also buying a Nexus isn't a pass either, because not everyone can afford to go the unlocked, pre-paid route via service being very variable in different places. Again pardon the super rant lol, just tired of seeing half the bored complain, but not contribute anything lets at least try to be constructive and what not.
    Google now is a huge upgrade over previous versions of Google voice search.
    It adds a new dimension to the original
    voice search which is voice interactions.
    Not to mention the speed of your search results
    are faster too.
    The function I enjoy the most is the I.E "wake me up in * hours command.
    Google now will reply...
    You alarm is now set to * o'clock.
    I like this function because GN sets up temporary alarm. To which you don't have to go back into
    Your clocks alarm setting to cancel an alarm.

    Only thing I don't really care about is Google now
    is that the voice of GN sound very similar to Siri.

    Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S
  10. #1035  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    The fact that the GS3 came out after our phone but getting this update before us just disgusts me. No word on when, or even IF (yes I know we'll probably get it yea yea yea) though HTC's wording is always "we're currently assessing if the Evo will get the JB update". Come on...they can at least let us know something even halfway solid.

    And by "HTC is done", I meant I'm done with them if no update by 12/31/12. I'd even let it slide if by that date they give us a solid future date for the update (as long as it's not too far in the future). Sure Sprint is mostly to blame I'm sure, but I can't help but assume HTC is partially the culprit here too.
    2 more possible additions to the contest. How many more phones older than ours get jb before us or how many more phones does htc come out with before we get an update.

    I like the 2nd one because I keep seeing adds for the GS3 and Note 2 (Samsung hasn't forgotten about them yet) and all I see from HTC is new phones and no love for the evo.
  11. #1036  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    My guess date for JB Dec.12,2012

    sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    I believe it has Been estimated for that day by the Mayans, correct?

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  12. #1037  
    HawaiiD's Avatar

    Posts
    943 Posts
    Global Posts
    963 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercury81 View Post
    My guess date for JB Dec.12,2012

    sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2
    My guess is 12-22-12 @12:01AM

    Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    Sent from my Coconut Wireless Sony Xperia Z1S
  13. #1038  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by charlesspivak1 View Post
    The fact that the GS3 came out after our phone but getting this update before us just disgusts me. No word on when, or even IF (yes I know we'll probably get it yea yea yea) though HTC's wording is always "we're currently assessing if the Evo will get the JB update". Come on...they can at least let us know something even halfway solid.

    And by "HTC is done", I meant I'm done with them if no update by 12/31/12. I'd even let it slide if by that date they give us a solid future date for the update (as long as it's not too far in the future). Sure Sprint is mostly to blame I'm sure, but I can't help but assume HTC is partially the culprit here too.
    Why wouldn't the phone that came out later get the update first? That makes no sense at all?.... Should the sgs2 and evo3d get JB before everyone then?...

    Latest phone released gets updates first... That's how it always is. And that's how it should be tbh...

    Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  14. #1039  
    zakphi's Avatar

    Posts
    85 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by The Urban Legend View Post
    I followed this step by step

    How to Root HTC Evo 4G LTE! [Unlock Bootloader][TWRP Recovery] | HTC Evo 4G Hacks!



    yeah the sense camera is the reason I went with MeanROM instead of CM10
    sorry to go off-topic, i was just curious. what is going on with cm10 and the sense camera app? i have seen many posts about this, but none of them really explained the problem.
  15. #1040  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    A source of mines informed me that that god-awful dual screen Sprint Kyocera phone that was supposed to be "the next big thing" will receive the JB update before the EVO LTE!!!!

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    DJWetWipes likes this.
  16. #1041  
    Captain_Throwback's Avatar

    Posts
    315 Posts
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    ROM
    chub-sac-Sense4.5/AnTHRaX

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by zakphi View Post
    sorry to go off-topic, i was just curious. what is going on with cm10 and the sense camera app? i have seen many posts about this, but none of them really explained the problem.
    To put it as simply as I can, AOSP can't use the Sense camera, as it requires the Sense framework and drivers. So picture quality in the AOSP camera will always be inferior to Sense because AOSP can only use software drivers, whereas Sense uses the ImageSense hardware and drivers.

    So if that's what's holding people back from running CM10, then those people will in fact have to wait for this update to be released, to have both JellyBean and the Sense Camera.
    Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005
    Baseband: 1.08.20.0916 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53137 | Recovery: MultiROM TWRP 2.8.1

    Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003
    Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.1.0

    Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
    Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100 | Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

    Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
    Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460 | Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
    Thanked by 2:
  17. #1042  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by mrhankey184 View Post
    I will be recieving my GSIII tomorrow by 1PM. They will also let me play around with it for 14 days to decide if I like it. If I do I will send my HTC back. If i don't like the GSIII, I'm hoping the update will be on the phone by then and I will send the GSIII back.

    Unless I REALLY like the GSIII.

    I've been with Sprint for 12 years, I had complaints in the system generated months ago. They had no choice but to either give me the GSIII or cancel my contract and go elsewhere.

    edit:

    To the comment above. I've had no issues with HTC until their latest ringtone update which completely corrupted my phone. I've done several hard resets and I'm done wasting my time. Its obviously a known issue/bug so it should have EXTREMELY high priority. I will have both phones to play around with and let you guys know what I find out.

    p.s. There are a lot of smart people within these forums...that have tried many different things to fix this and the problems come back even worse than before, with no 3rd party apps, no facebook sync, all this crap. The latest update pushed out by HTC did something and that last update was how long ago? Yeah.....
    Hey man what did you say exactly to get that gs3?

    Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE
  18. #1043  
    Zookeeper63's Avatar

    Posts
    122 Posts
    ROM
    Stock-unrooted

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    At the risk of repeating someone else, ATT is GSM and that is what Android was originally written for. Sprint is CDMA and the Android code has to be re-written to work on CDMA. Being all ****-hurt that a GSM phone got JellyBean is ASININE. /end rant
    CrackBerry Curve 9330 > BlackBerry Tour 9630 > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 4G LTE > Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  19. #1044  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Zookeeper63 View Post
    At the risk of repeating someone else, ATT is GSM and that is what Android was originally written for. Sprint is CDMA and the Android code has to be re-written to work on CDMA. Being all ****-hurt that a GSM phone got JellyBean is ASININE. /end rant
    Do you have a source for why CDMA has to be re-written? Not arguing just curious.
  20. #1045  
    koam's Avatar

    Posts
    132 Posts
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    I'm looking forward to JB on the EVO LTE.

    I already have 4.2 on my Nexus 7. It's nicer than what we have on the EVO LTE now. The two pulldowns are handy - not sure if the phone will have same. And Google Now is cool, but it's not that cool.

    I'm not getting my hopes up for anything too special with 4.1.
  21. #1046  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    If that was the case why is it that the gslll on sprint has it then answer that ..I don't think it matters If it's gsm or cdma if I'm not mistaken I believe that sprint had there gslll on jelly bean before att

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  22. #1047  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by koam View Post
    I'm looking forward to JB on the EVO LTE.

    I already have 4.2 on my Nexus 7. It's nicer than what we have on the EVO LTE now. The two pulldowns are handy - not sure if the phone will have same. And Google Now is cool, but it's not that cool.

    I'm not getting my hopes up for anything too special with 4.1.
    I'm just going to speak for everyone here and say I don't think anyone wants to hear your crap.

    Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE
  23. #1048  
    spencer311's Avatar

    Posts
    60 Posts
    ROM
    CM10

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
    To put it as simply as I can, AOSP can't use the Sense camera, as it requires the Sense framework and drivers. So picture quality in the AOSP camera will always be inferior to Sense because AOSP can only use software drivers, whereas Sense uses the ImageSense hardware and drivers.

    So if that's what's holding people back from running CM10, then those people will in fact have to wait for this update to be released, to have both JellyBean and the Sense Camera.
    If you install gapps 4.2 the camera is actually pretty good quality. I run my stores facebook page and post pictures daily and I don't see a difference. But there are different features. Like you cant do miltishot and I don't like the editing features in the gallery nearly as much. But the picture quality is not bad at all.
  24. #1049  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    To all the prople with the problem with there phones have any of you tried to do a factory reset and the re-run the RUU? I dont know if this will help but it might be worth a shot for someone to try.
  25. #1050  

    Default Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiD View Post
    Only thing I don't really care about is Google now
    is that the voice of GN sound very similar to Siri.

    Sent from my Coconut Wireless
    You don't like it because it sounds like Siri? What kind of a reason is that? It would be fine to say "I don't like it because it sounds robotic and unnatural" but, in my opinion, Google Now sounds much more human than Siri.

    Quote Originally Posted by treyguad View Post
    I'm just going to speak for everyone here and say I don't think anyone wants to hear your crap.

    Sent from Trey's EVO 4G LTE
    Don't bite his head off. Everyone is allowed their opinion. What did he say that you take issue with?
    Last edited by thepowerofdonuts; 12-04-2012 at 10:08 AM.
Page 42 of 133 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jelly bean ota - who got it?
    By mattatwar in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 234
    Last Post: 08-02-2013, 10:11 PM
  2. Jelly Bean? Is it realistic.
    By Mungus9999 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-08-2012, 09:35 AM
  3. Jelly Bean coming next week?
    By acr456 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-17-2012, 02:51 PM
  4. Jelly bean coming Q4
    By matt0715 in forum Verizon Galaxy S3
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2012, 06:18 PM
  5. if its not jelly bean (4.1)
    By Irvgotti in forum Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2012, 11:06 PM

Posting Permissions