Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

sgt. slaughter

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

They are obviously one in the same

Lol no they are vastly different.

One is a pointless convo as they won't ever know till after you would anyway.

The one with issues is different and reporting them is logical. Asking where this fictitious OTA is and when it rolls out and how is absurd as like I said, they will 99 9% time never know for sure before you do. Period.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

spencer311

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

Lol no they are vastly different.

One is a pointless convo as they won't ever know till after you would anyway.

The one with issues is different and reporting them is logical. Asking where this fictitious OTA is and when it rolls out and how is absurd as like I said, they will 99 9% time never know for sure before you do. Period.

I called and asked how long we were gonna have these issues... Then when they tried to walk me through all this crap I finally said that it wasn't just me and that everyone is having these problems. And that we need an update that will fix the connectivity issues and the contacts. Thats when I asked about wether or not the screenshot was real. But I couldn't care less what you think about it. I don't know if your realize it but this thread is actually entirely devoted to weather or not we get the update. So when they gave me the info I let people know. If you don't wanna know new information I would suggest a different thread.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

OK, I've enjoyed this thread for the past few days and have watched it with a lot of interest hoping someone would get theupdate and show it to us. It's been really entertaining to see the level of frustration out there. I've seen people complain about Sprint, HTC, Android and everything else but the overuse of emoticons. I've even tried to update several times. So I took a step back yesterday and realized that a) JB is a nice upgrade and all, but the only thing I really want on my phone is the Google NOW feature, b) I bought this phone and loved it and still do because it works well, c) the lack of an update won't majically turn my phone into a piece of crap, d) Sprint's service (in my area at least) has improved immensely, e) everyone's getting really worked up over a damn phone!

So my advice is to really look at how much your life will allegedly improve with the update to JB on your phone....my bet is a marginal improvement. Yeah, your ringtones will work better and you may even get maginally better connections, But the improvements are certainly nothing on the scale of doubling your salary and halving your work week or finding out you're going to parent a triplets in a few months or your tattoo is spelled incorrectly. If we're going to get an update, great! If not, oh well. If these updates are that important to you, get a Nexus phone. Until then, relax and wait for the 27th to see if this is a hoax or not and then either laugh at getting pwned or enjoy the update and look for thiings to pick at.

BTW, I realize this post is far less enjoyable to read than the previous 16 pages, but I just had to say it. So blast away at me while I get back to something really important.....Black Ops II!

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

Google now is also the thing I really want also I need a fix for my contact corruption issue and LTE switch over fix if the update fixes these things then I'm super happy. I really want this post to be true give me my jelly bean update htc.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

smkyle

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

Google now is also the thing I really want also I need a fix for my contact corruption issue and LTE switch over fix if the update fixes these things then I'm super happy. I really want this post to be true give me my jelly bean update htc.

The LTE fix is all I ask for. I've been so excited for LTE to come to my area only to find out that my phone can't use it. I love this phone in every other way, but I stay with sprint for the unlimited data which isn't nearly as valuable without fast connection speeds.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

So blast away at me

And blast away I shall.

I can't believe you have the audacity to question the decorum and general worthwhileness of this quaint transfer of knowledge. And furthermore... Ok I can't keep a straight face anymore.

I have a few days off work so I've been enjoying all of the talk as well. I'm also very excited for improved usb audio support and improved contact pictures with jb. HTC's did a horrible job with contact pics in ICS imo

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Just a contacts fix, HTC. That's all I believe we need right now. Get on that please!

hoandrews

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

Frankly I don't care if we get JB. What I do care about is getting the 4G connectivity problem fixed, and I'm not sure that JB with Sprint's connectivity optimizer will fix the problem. I believe, as many of you do, that there is a problem with the Evo LTE phone. If HTC can fix the connectivity and other problems with an update, that update should have priority over us getting JB. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think these phones are fixable, and I don't think at this point Sprint will admit it to the extent that they will allow us to exchange our phones for other LTE phones that work. However, as more cities and customers come on line with LTE, there will be more complaints and more pressure on Sprint to take action. Although by that time our contracts will be up and we can either get a new phone that works or switch to Verizon or TMobile.

John Matuszek

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Just my thoughts but if you all have noticed on the sprint communities forums the last 2 updates for our phone have been released on a Wednesday. So I think if it's coming before the end of the month we are either looking at today or next Wednesday before we see the update.

olskul

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Just a contacts fix, HTC. That's all I believe we need right now. Get on that please!

Not altogether true about everyone following this thread. Personally, I have a vested interest in resolving a Bluetooth compatibility issue. I'm very keen on the these developments. I bet there are an a sundry of others too.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

Just my thoughts but if you all have noticed on the sprint communities forums the last 2 updates for our phone have been released on a Wednesday. So I think if it's coming before the end of the month we are either looking at today or next Wednesday before we see the update.

Next Wednesday sounds like a viable date. It's odd they would talk about rolling out an update on a holiday week.

othersteve

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site

This is beyond unacceptable. I run a sole proprietorship (an independent computer repair company) and I have seen this phone degenerate beyond the point of usability. I hard reset a few weeks ago but now it's back, and worse than ever before, to boot.

The mere fact that this has been happening for literally months with no fix is stunning for what is supposed to be a flagship device. HTC's QA is seriously pitiful. With this sort of service there is absolutely no way they will ever regain ground against their competitors. I know for one that I have since sworn off ANY future devices they manufacture. I owned many prior to this one, but at this point it is quite clear that their time has passed.

Anyone who downplays the importance of this fix and the massive delay in producing it is delusional and is not thinking of those who live by their phone. Today's smartphones are meant to be an extension of ourselves, and in order to compete, they must be utterly reliable. HTC as a company has proven repeatedly that, for all their strengths, they simply cannot be trusted to deliver reliable products.

Samsung it is for me... I just have to assemble a plan on how to make it there.

/$. 02

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

This is beyond unacceptable. I run a sole proprietorship (an independent computer repair company) and I have seen this phone degenerate beyond the point of usability. I hard reset a few weeks ago but now it's back, and worse than ever before, to boot.

The mere fact that this has been happening for literally months with no fix is stunning for what is supposed to be a flagship device. HTC's QA is seriously pitiful. With this sort of service there is absolutely no way they will ever regain ground against their competitors. I know for one that I have since sworn off ANY future devices they manufacture. I owned many prior to this one, but at this point it is quite clear that their time has passed.

Anyone who downplays the importance of this fix and the massive delay in producing it is delusional and is not thinking of those who live by their phone. Today's smartphones are meant to be an extension of ourselves, and in order to compete, they must be utterly reliable. HTC as a company has proven repeatedly that, for all their strengths, they simply cannot be trusted to deliver reliable products.

/$. 02

Wow,, you got a dud. Yeah I experienced the bug here and there that every phone in the world has or had but all in all this phone has been outstanding. Especially now that lte is screaming in my area.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

/$. 02

I've got to agree with this. I believe I'll be looking for a Samsung for my next device as well....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

gameaddict8

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

HTC, I will be hungry for desserts after Thanksgiving!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Android Central Forums

Cherenkov

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site

It's certainly been very hard to be an HTC fan over the past few years. My wife and I had their Evo Shift 4G, a phone with a tiny amount of onboard storage (384MB!) and terrible sense issues. I upgraded to the EVO 4G LTE, and it is certainly a better phone. So far the only real issues I have with it are that it kills apps far too aggressively (especially swapping networks, something the Shift did as well. If I'm driving into work and my phone sees the wifi there, my music suddenly stops as it kills my music app to try and connect to the wifi). But other than that and notification errors with the onboard mail app (for which there are plenty of replacements) I really haven't had a problem with it. I'd like JB, but if you're really getting obsessed over it, just use CM10. I swore I'd never get another Samsung phone after what happened with the Captivate (bought it 2 months before the alleged GB upgrade was supposed to occur, didn't get GB for more than a year later!).

I think as others have said, if you really want to be current, you have to get a Nexus.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38