Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I spoke to someone on Sprint Tech. department, I ask them that why does the Evo LTE appears as running 4.1 on Sprint's website and according to them the phone is still running 4.0 ICS NOT Jelly bean. They think that the information is just wrong. Anyways I'm not going to be stressing out about that, since I'm getting my Note 2 this weekend hopefully :p

How long have you had your Evo?

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site

FoxFi Devices still shows Foxfi as incompatible with Jelly Bean. I guess I can live without wifi tethering if my contacts and messaging and voice mail will load in under 60 seconds.

unitedflow

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

This seems Luke a hoax. Someone is forging sprint documents and hacking their website.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site

For me the bigger the better. I'll will be ready for a new device by summer. I always get one every 10 months on average. I have had Evo /Evo 3d and now this but may go the note route next time just for the size. Unless of course HTC has something similar. I always prefer HTC,, never had a problem with any of them.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

blazedxd

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

I just spoke to a sprint rep. I was told that our jelly beans were being held byClearwire, and that they are in charge of all HTC software updates.

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

Well first, the profile update only initiates a reset to your data profile on your phone. The firmware update has never worked for me, in the history of me owning HTC android phones. The firmware is updated when HTC pushes out a software update, so it's included in that. If anyone has ever hit the "Update Firmware" button on an HTC phone and actually gotten an update, I'd be really surprised.

Not sure if serious.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

tom49058

May 15, 2012
Visit site

In my System Updates section there are 4 choices to update. Which should I be checking?

Firmware Update
Update Profile
Update PRL
HTC Software Update

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site

In my System Updates section there are 4 choices to update. Which should I be checking?

Firmware Update
Update Profile
Update PRL
HTC Software Update

Depends on what day of the week it is. Monday, Wednesday and every third Sunday of the Months that end in "y" you have to check PRL twice then profile then put the phone down for 3 minutes and 26 seconds, then you have to check Software update four times on the second floor of a virgin's parents house and then finally check firmware update. I haven't figured out any of the other days yet.

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I think Sprint got most of the people trying to switch to another phone . They probably did not update their employees to train for the update , probably just showed up on their computer . Now sprint got you guys to spend money on a new phone like suckers ,because you got hyped over an unofficial document . Don't you guys realize that it happens to every manufacture . This year it happens to be Samsung who is rolling out updates , but it should have been this way since the Nexus S. They were the first to have access to the update on Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus . Now you think the Samsung phones are perfect . If you notice all the One X updated before us , same like GS3. Well accept the GS3 has not updated on Verizon just as Evo on Sprint .

- - - Updated - - -

I think Sprint got most of the people trying to switch to another phone . They probably did not update their employees to train for the update , probably just showed up on their computer . Now sprint got you guys to spend money on a new phone like suckers ,because you got hyped over an unofficial document . Don't you guys realize that it happens to every manufacture . This year it happens to be Samsung who is rolling out updates , but it should have been this way since the Nexus S. They were the first to have access to the update on Nexus S and Galaxy Nexus . Now you think the Samsung phones are perfect . If you notice all the One X updated before us , same like GS3. Well accept the GS3 has not updated on Verizon just as Evo on Sprint .