Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

In Mobile Networks, it's LTE/CDMA with Domestic Data checked.

I've been toggling Mobile Network and WiFi on and off. Mobile Network is routing, but super slowly (I'm on Airave....may try to reboot that and phone again) but with WiFi on, nothing's working. Before the Update, Speedtest with Mobile on Airave was fast. (WiFi off) After JB Update, stuff is crawling. Time to reboot all I guess.
Yeah explore all your available possibilities before coming down to the last resort... Factory Reset :/

Gram Noden

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site

25% on my archaic T1 work wifi.............I knew the minute I went to lunch the update would be available, sat at the bar, ordered a micro brew, for the hell of it checked for update...BAM update available!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

it means the devs got it and are working on it.. so chill and wait for them

He wasn't looking for the developers to push out their own updated ROMs in the next 3 minutes. He downloaded the OTA just like the rest of us, but he was trying to find out how to upload it to the developer community

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

does it see the wifi networks but not connect? You might wanna try putting it into airplane mode and then taking it back off. I've seen that work in the past. If that's not it, maybe removing and re-adding your wifi connection.

It is connecting to each of 2 WiFi bands ... (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) one at a time... but then isn't routing. I will try rebooting all.

Nothing works with WiFi turned on (Connection Lost in fb, for example).. I tried your Airplane Mode on and off, no change. Thanks

tt0h

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

25% on my archaic T1 work wifi.............I knew the minute I went to lunch the update would be available, sat at the bar, ordered a micro brew, for the hell of it checked for update...BAM update available!

This only worked because there was alcohol involved!

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site

Ironic how I give and decide to download the Android Central Forum app just to keep up with the thread and the first post I see after the app installs is that we got the Jelly Bean Update. *Oh Happy Day*

- - - Updated - - -

Ironic how I give and decide to download the Android Central Forum app just to keep up with the thread and the first post I see after the app installs is that we got the Jelly Bean Update. *Oh Happy Day*

NastyNeil

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Jellybean lock screen? Isn't it the same as the normal lock screen?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

thepowerofdonuts

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

Can someone post the kernel version? A screenshot would be nice. It's in the software information, under "More," where the baseband, etc. is.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Under new JB for EVO 4G LTE, WiFi has given me some trouble.

I rebooted my DSL modem & router. The WiFi in the home is working fine on my laptop (Win 7) and Google Nexus 7 tabled (Android 4.2). There's nothing wrong with my WiFi network.

As soon as my phone got JB, it wouldn't route with WiFi on.

With Moble Network OFF, Airave OFF, WiFi ON after rebooting modem and router it still didn't work. No page routing, even though status says I'm connected to WiFi.

Then I did yet another hard reboot of phone... and now it's routing on either WiFi band.

SPEEDTEST.NET results
Mobile Network OFF, Airave OFF, WiFi ON 5 GHz band
PING 30 ms, DL 4629 kbps, UP 1668 kbps

Mobile Network OFF, Airave OFF, WiFi ON 2.4 GHz band
PING 34 ms, DL 4834 kbps, UP 1542 kbps

All good now. So I guess the third hard reboot of the phone is what fixed the WiFi?

Also the "SYNCing" circular arrows icon persists in my top status bar on the EVO. I have AutoSyncing turned OFF and turned off individually in all apps and accounts except for weather, I think....but that icon has been stuck there in the status bar since the JB update....and phone has been laggy at times...swiping from one home screen to next was delayed...so there are background operations going on post-update that are using some resources at times. At the moment the screen navigation is back to normal.

I'll test the internet routing without WiFi next...with and without Airave.

UPDATE, results:

Mobile Network ON CDMA/LTE (I'm in 3G), Airave OFF (0 to 2 bars of service, which sometimes roams at home), WiFi OFF
PING 206 ms, DL 0260 kbps, UP 0112 kbps

So really slow on 3G without Airave, but that was the same before JB update

Hard re-booted phone again on top of newly restarted Airave, then
Mobile Network ON CDMA/LTE (I'm in 3G), Airave ON (full bars), WiFi OFF
PING 169 ms, DL 2144 kbps, UP 712 kbps

So it's OK on Airave, with WiFi off. Seems fixed.

Last edited:

allieb1984

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site

Finally!!!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355429401441.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355429401441.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 252

tarn451

May 19, 2011
Visit site

Anyone know what the "power saver mode" does? I see it in the notifications.

Click on it and it will give options to save battery power. I unchecked Data connection and Vibration and kept the rest.

Screenshot_2012-12-13-15-08-43.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247