Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

SPEEDTEST.NET with
Mobile Network ON CDMA/LTE (I'm in 3G), Airave OFF (0 to 2 bars of service, which sometimes roams at home), WiFi OFF
PING 206 ms, DL 0260 kbps, UP 0112 kbps

So really slow on 3G without Airave, but that was the same before JB update

Hard re-booted phone again on top of newly restarted Airave, then
Mobile Network ON CDMA/LTE (I'm in 3G), Airave ON (full bars), WiFi OFF
PING 169 ms, DL 2144 kbps, UP 712 kbps

So it's OK on Airave, with WiFi off. Seems fixed.

If anyone has trouble with internet access, especially WiFi after JB, you might want to try a few hard reboots (hold down phone's power button for about 15 seconds til it goes dark, then restarts)

Last edited:

silverthornne

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Downloading it too! Kinda sucks to have to download on Sprint's slow as molasses 3G network though! :(

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

henryfool3

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Quote Originally Posted by henryfool3 View Post
downloaded and then it said download was corrupt, would you like to download again.

anyone else get that?
I've gotten that three times now. Twice on 3g download, once on wifi only. I'm trying wifi only again now.

well, the good news is, on my second try it worked. installed and good to go.

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

One thing I don't like is that the Google Voice Typing microphone button on the default keyboard is now a long-press on the period key.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

Not crazy about the keyboard and the gallery screen that was added. Also, they reset the color of messages on my phone from blue to green. Can't seem to remember where to change that. Other than that, after a restart after the update, it seems good. Productivity screen works well now, and shows weather, which is a nice touch.

sieg6

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Did they add back the extra options they took away in the last update? Such as bass boost, sweetener, classic eq's?????

Nope , its just louder and clear . I have beats solo he also . the sound was lower before update with some really bad bass on some of my songs . Tested it on new update 100% better . Tbh my solo sound like studios now maybe louder .

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Holy F'ing Heck! Phil came through! I'm downloading the update now....(over 3G - HA!). Phil the magnificent and Sir Jerry from the House of the Hillbilly Neckbeards spoke and it is done! Let there be frolicking in the streets! The EVO beat the Verizon GSIII to JB! (Gawd! Verizon must really suck)

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

They let you change colors under Personalization.

OK I screwed up already. In messaging App I noticed that the Google Voice Typing mic is not on the keyboard. Dunno why? I like to use voice to type my texts.

I then made the mistake of changing the keyboard to PHONE... in the messaging App, but don't know how to change it back. Please help me in a series of blonde moments.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk