Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Not that benchmarks matter too much since the update my phone shot up to all most 7000 on quadrant

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Wifi NetworkButGetNoDataTransmission. NotSureWhatTheNextMoveIts. Any Suggestions?
Any one having wifi issues go into wifi /settings /advanced /scroll all the way down to dlna and un check the box. Someone on the complaints thread posted this fix and it worked for me.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

I TriedThatAndOutDidn'tStorm I'mConnectedToMyWifi

mdavis1972

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Voice command works with (internet) search but not in in texting. I drive a lot and this will be a problem for me. Any ideas??

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Voice command works with (internet) search but not in in texting. I drive a lot and this will be a problem for me. Any ideas??

Works fine for me. I can initiate a text by selecting Google Voice Search and saying "Text [NAME] [CONTENT]". Also, contrary to popular believe, this does not depend on "Google [SPY] Now".

mdavis1972

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site

Works fine for me. I can initiate a text by selecting Google Voice Search and saying "Text [NAME] [CONTENT]". Also, contrary to popular believe, this does not depend on "Google [SPY] Now".

Cool that works except for the fact that it won't initialize until after I exit and go back into Google Voice Search for a second time! I heard it's always a good thing to reset the phone back to factory after a major update. Maybe I'll try that tonight!! Any thoughts out there?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

Cool that works except for the fact that it won't initialize until after I exit and go back into Google Voice Search for a second time!

Not sure why. I just tried MIC and a web search, then without leaving it, I pressed the MIC again and said "TEXT XXXXXXX XXXXX" and it started a new text message.

I heard it's always a good thing to reset the phone back to factory after a major update. Maybe I'll try that tonight!! Any thoughts out there?

It can't hurt, but you will have to spend a lot of time entering settings again (and losing your text history/etc). Generally I don't recommend doing it unless there are strange issues that other apps and settings don't appear to be causing.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Works like a charm..

Craig Green1

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Noticed the same thing today on my EVO. Kinda weird, but not a show-stopper. Have no idea if there's a fix for this or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I've made calls and it operates just fine with regards to the screen recognizing your face to the phone. I've even pulled it away back and forth and it responds almost too well haha. I'd do a reboot if you haven't already to smooth everything out.

shdw493

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Rooted my phone five days ago because I was tired of waiting for JB and it's release (just my luck). Unrooted and relocked the bootloader and bricked my phone (once again that's my luck). After a couple of hours I managed to unbrick, reinstall the stock rom and do the JB update (Hellz Yeah!). Everything works great except my screen turns off whenever it wants and I can't make or hangup my calls (my luck has to change).

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site

Rooted my phone five days ago because I was tired of waiting for JB and it's release (just my luck). Unrooted and relocked the bootloader and bricked my phone (once again that's my luck). After a couple of hours I managed to unbrick, reinstall the stock rom and do the JB update (Hellz Yeah!). Everything works great except my screen turns off whenever it wants and I can't make or hangup my calls (my luck has to change).

I actually started the process of rooting twice and just couldn't go through with it. So glad I didn't now. Sorry to hear about al the bad luck.

eldaino

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site

Look what I wrote to HTC on twitter

HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
EVO 4G LTE fans: we give you - Jelly Bean! Updates will roll out soon, and you can download it manually today. Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
View photo
2h rob ‏@stugots101
@HTCUSA We appreciate the update, we also would like an apology for keeping us in the dark with a broken glitchy phone for 3 months
Hide conversation
2:47 PM - 13 Dec 12 ? Details

2h HTC USA ‏@HTCUSA
@stugots101 We truly apologize for any frustration, Rob. Glad that you're all set up with the update!

that reeks of douchebaggery. makes you wonder if oems are slow to update because, hey, people are going to whine anyway right?

i sent a few angry tweets their way too, but after i got what i wanted, i didnt continue to complain.

mallin29

May 30, 2012
Visit site

I have some problems with my phone when I want to open my pictures I closes really fast any advise I can not open my pictures

shdw493

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site

Looks like my luck has finally changed. My proximity sensor is working correctly (I no longer have to hit the power button to get the screen to turn on after a call, it does it automatically). Also my battery life has been great today. I removed it from the charger at 9:45AM EST and I have 68% battery life left. Looks like all the pain and headache is done and i can finally enjoy my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty