Irritations with EVO LTE stock email app

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the EVO 4G to the EVO 4G LTE this week. I?ve immediately come across three specific things that I used to be able to do in the email app on the old phone that I can?t do on the LTE. These are tasks I usually do numerous times per day, so this is making the stock email app a real pain. If I?m missing something, please let me know. Or if there?s a better email app to use, please recommend one. I really liked the EVO 4G, and didn?t expect the ?upgrade? to the LTE to be a ?downgrade? when it comes to basic email functionality which I?ve come to expect.

1 - Multiple message selection
Old EVO ? It was possible to choose Delete or Move To from the menu, then select multiple messages. Then I could click Delete or Move To, and the action would be carried out on all selected messages.
EVO 4G LTE ? It appears you can only Move or Delete messages one at a time

2 ? Scrolling through messages
Old EVO ? Had Up and Down buttons so that when viewing a message, you could use the arrows to go to scroll through next and previous messages
EVO 4G LTE ? Must press Menu button, the Next message or Previous message. Makes scrolling through messages cumbersome and slower.

3 ? Back button functionality
Old EVO - When in Sent Items, Drafts, etc, pressing the back button would return you to the Inbox.
EVO 4G LTE ? You must press Menu button, Folder, then click Inbox. Makes navigating through folders a hassle.

Looking forward to feedback on these, thanks.

kluecke

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
1. Use the checkboxes in front of each message - as soon as I check one "Move to..." and "Delete" buttons pop up on the bottom of the screen.

Can't help with 2 or 3.

Kevin