What's your next phone?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Let's see if we can do this without rehashing all of the HTC drama of late. Just curious based off of your experience with this phone so far what you think your next phone will be.

For me this was my first android phone and my first phone with a "large" display. After having this phone since launch I've learned I like the big screen, enjoy android, need a phone with lots of memory (I have a very large music collection) and I have a very love hate relationship with sense. All of that being said, I think for my next phone I'll probably get a note. I'm hoping that when I'm up for upgrade and if I can still stand sprint there will be a note 3 available with a 1080 display. I don't mean this as a knock on the evo and I've been definitely known to change my mind but as of today that's what I'm leaning towards.

What about everyone else?

junebug72

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Next phone will be anything but an EVO. Had original EVO, 3d EVO and now EVO LTE. Seems to me that phone has gone downwards since original. Not a big touchwiz fan but leaning that way. That my 2 cents. :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
which ever android phone has the biggest screen at the time of my upgrade

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 4 that's in the mail.

With the update debacle of the last week I'm starting to see the appeal of the nexus. Definitely another option I would onsider.

Since the evo 4g lte hasn't been out that long did you just suck it up and buy it off contract?

84guy

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This was the last chance for HTC. Probably going to go with the Samsung S4 or the nexus 4 if sprint gets it. Tired of having to wait so long for updates and samsung is proving to be faster then others. My upgrade is in april

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

doomstang

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Since I've been in the Android game I've had Hero --> Evo --> Evo 3D --> Evo 4G LTE.
If the next Evo comes out next summer and is impressive, I'll stick with HTC. If the SGS4 has a leg up on the competition, I'll go that route.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Sometime next year ill probably bounce from Sprint I've yet to have a dropped call but data speed is horrible! What ever highend phone has a LCD3(or better) next year I won't be touching any samsung phones Amoled is such trash hurts my eyes looking at it! Its best to wait till second of half of next year that way you will know exactly what the top phones are/going to be.

WeGlobal

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Whatever is the latest and greatest phone Germany has to offer that has Jelly Bean. I did want the One X+, but I think I may be done with HTC phones.

scoot0073

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Probably the next Evo I've had them all so far and really like the Evo line. But if I'm not impressed with the next Evo. Then it will be latest and greatest for me also that's on the Sprint network

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So with the new HTC One on it's way out along with some other rumored devices anybody looking at a new phone in near future or already know what they want yet?

I'm going to take my evo back to the store tonight and see what they'll do for me, if they take it back this will be the 5th time or whatever their magic number is that they'll finally give you a different model phone. Since I don't have to sign a new contract or anything it's a good opportunity to try something different and I think if I can I'll go with the Note 2. Just curious what people would do if they could switch to anything today

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I will be getting the Note 2. I had the Evo 4G, then the Evo 4G LTE... So I want to try something new. Also, I really love the fact that I can use the Note as a sort of "sketchbook." I'm a painter, and I'm always jotting/ scribbling down ideas wherever I go. I really do love my Evo though. My issues with this phone were minor, and I'll likely give it to my mother when I upgrade. She really likes it.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I won't go so far as to say it'll definitely be an Evo since my decision will depend on current offerings. However I will almost certainly go with an HTC phone, I firmly believe they make the best hardware out there, and software is irrelevant to me since I'm also a big believer in rooting and the benefits that come with that.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I think I'm just going to rock my LTE for the foreseeable future.

It still has some quirks, but nothing worth paying for to fix. If I could do a trade and maybe pay $100 for a Note II I might, but don't have any real desire to do so.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I won't go so far as to say it'll definitely be an Evo since my decision will depend on current offerings. However I will almost certainly go with an HTC phone, I firmly believe they make the best hardware out there, and software is irrelevant to me since I'm also a big believer in rooting and the benefits that come with that.

If the screen size is good for you the One definitely has some nice looking hardware

I think I'm just going to rock my LTE for the foreseeable future.

It still has some quirks, but nothing worth paying for to fix. If I could do a trade and maybe pay $100 for a Note II I might, but don't have any real desire to do so.

Yeah, if I switch it will be on warranty and not because I just have money laying around.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty