Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Storage usage

With all this talk about the update, I have noticed something funny when I dial *2. The Sprint utility shows I have less than 25% of my app space remaining, but when I click on it and go into the android app manager, it shows I have almost half.

I thought the Sprint app would just refer back to the manager's numbers... It's one of these numbers correct and one wrong? Is anyone else setting this?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storage usage-uploadfromtaptalk1354556215488.jpg   Storage usage-uploadfromtaptalk1354556227552.jpg  
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,694 Global Posts

Default Re: Memory usage

>"Memory usage"

You should correct the subject of your first posting to "Storage usage". Memory = RAM, not storage space.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    >"Memory usage"

You should correct the subject of your first posting to "Storage usage". Memory = RAM, not storage space.
    My bad! My mobile posting is always flawed.

Global Posts
    2,694 Global Posts

I wish I could help answer your question.... I never use the Sprint tools or Sprint Zone. I would tend to believe the Android native settings app more than the Sprint Zone. One thing for sure- it is certainly confusing seeing *3* different pools of storage!
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

Default Re: Storage usage

I wish I could help answer your question.... I never use the Sprint tools or Sprint Zone. I would tend to believe the Android native settings app more than the Sprint Zone. One thing for sure- it is certainly confusing seeing *3* different pools of storage!
    Yeah it is! Did HTC ever explain why they broke it up this way?

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    2,694 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mstrblueskys View Post
    Yeah it is! Did HTC ever explain why they broke it up this way?
    I think it is not really an HTC thing- more of an Android thing. A throwback to earlier days of partitioning. It does seem strange to have two internal storage pools. Plus- the Evo LTE is (as far as I know) the only current HTC product with an SD slot... and that has to be mounted separately and shows as another pool of storage.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    682 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanROM

I think it is not really an HTC thing- more of an Android thing. A throwback to earlier days of partitioning. It does seem strange to have two internal storage pools. Plus- the Evo LTE is (as far as I know) the only current HTC product with an SD slot... and that has to be mounted separately and shows as another pool of storage.
    I didn't even think about the fact that the EVO is the only current phone with an SD slot. It makes me a little happier to be confused.