Bugs in Jelly Bean

heyyu

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem like I'm able to mount as USB drive. I can connect as HTC Sync Manager, and I am able to view the contents of the internal storage, but I'm not able to view contents on the sd card.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Andras did a factory reset resolve your issues?

Actually weirdly enough I did the reset to try to fix the proximity sensor issue but afterwords my phone was glitching like crazy for hours. It took 3 consecutive hard reboots to stop all the nonsense. BUT the proximity issue still remains on my phone.

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Actually weirdly enough I did the reset to try to fix the proximity sensor issue but afterwords my phone was glitching like crazy for hours. It took 3 consecutive hard reboots to stop all the nonsense. BUT the proximity issue still remains on my phone.

Thanks. I will hold off on factory reset. How is a hard reboot done?

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
having an issue with my OEM dock

There is no OEM dock for the Evo LTE (although there SHOULD be... where the hell is it???)

when i plug it in.It will charge a bit and hten says FULL.. when it's not full.. i take it out of the dock and a few seconds later it'll asy i only have 33%.. but i plug it back in and it'll CHARGE again.. this is for S3...

Perhaps you should ask in a Samsung forum, then??

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't seem like I'm able to mount as USB drive. I can connect as HTC Sync Manager, and I am able to view the contents of the internal storage, but I'm not able to view contents on the sd card.

Consider yourself lucky. Now all I see is a stupid "media player" connection. If I choose "Disk Drive" it says it will disconnect the current session and absolutely nothing visible happens. When I unplug it and plug it back it, it is back to the damn "HTC Sync Manager" crap. So I watched /var/log/messages when doing all this, when I change from the cannot-change-default-"HTC Sync Manager" to "Disk Drive", it is reconnecting, but my system is not recognizing it as a USB mass storage device anymore on my Mageia 2 system:

kernel: [1788944.953978] usb 2-5: USB disconnect, device number 38
kernel: [1788945.394102] usb 2-5: new high-speed USB device number 39 using ehci_hcd
kernel: [1788945.509570] usb 2-5: New USB device found, idVendor=0bb4, idProduct=0c02
kernel: [1788945.509573] usb 2-5: New USB device strings: Mfr=2, Product=3, SerialNumber=4
kernel: [1788945.509575] usb 2-5: Product: Android Phone
kernel: [1788945.509576] usb 2-5: Manufacturer: HTC
kernel: [1788945.509577] usb 2-5: SerialNumber: [XXXXXXXXX]

It also will not charge the phone anymore.

So I tried it on a newer Fedora 17 laptop and got the exact same results. Comes up as MTP, then when I tell it to change to USB mass storage mode, it is not recognized. However, on that machine it will charge (??).

This is really pissing me off. Deep breath.

thedoo7

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with the sound profiles? Even though I've set my phone to silent, all my notifications are audible. I can't imagine that I would have to go into each of my apps and turn off the notifications...?

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I just did the *#*#3424#*#* (*#*#DIAG#*#*) proximity sensor test and the phone fails the test every time when it isn't being held in bright sunlight.

cstoli

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Turned the feature off and back on in the labs setting. It has a few more features like back and forward buttons, and an incognito browsing function

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is the voice typing on the keyboard disappears for no apparent reason. I've had it happen twice now and I don't know if it's something I'm doing or the phone is.

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Spotify widget had disappearedoff the home screen for some reason but it just randomlycame back now and it seems to be staying put. I think maybe it just took a while for all the changes to take affect because my phone flies now and everything works great.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ThisIsShellz

Sep 4, 2012
Visit site
Already submitted my first error report. Went in to the new Voicemail app and it force closed:

android.process.acore is not responding.

I keep getting this same message, but that's about the only problem I'm having so far. Also a little annoyed by the new keyboard setting, I was used to the capitalization button being to the right, I have to use my left hand now :-(

SConnaway

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I haven't dealt with many obtrusive bugs so far except my keyboard was all distorted looking for most of yesterday after I updated, but that seems to have worked itself out; and the batch delete is no longer working on Handcent.
I'm sure it's a design flaw..but I don't see a keyboard minimize button anymore on the standard keyboard. The only way I'm able to hide the keyboard is to use the back button.

Shashank goyal

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Helooo Every one

I have samsung galaxy ace which is i upgrade in to jelly version 4.0.1. Every thing is working properly but i am having trouble to connecting my phone to PC threw KIES it showing error massage that "this version of kies not supporting your device" now i have back up contact file which is in pc now not able to restore it in my cell.. :( please help me out with this.
Even i have latest version of KIES but its not supporting my Phone. and i am having problem in this pls help me guys i need it soon

Gregh1967

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Had issues connecting to my wifi at home after the update. Have a D-Link router if that makes any difference. I fiddled around with the w-fi frequency band options and it finially saw my router. Also the keyboard went wacco for second in the messenger program when I tried the smiley face feature.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty