HTV EVO 4G LTE dropped in water. Crap.

waterdamageyo

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So i dropped my phone in water today, it got completely submerged. it's only 2-3 weeks old if that. so i put it in the dryer immediately, took off the back plate, all that jazz and i put it in a pair of socks to dry it, didn't work. then i tried to see if it would turn on, the screen flickered and the lights on the home button and stuff worked. then i tried to charge it to see what happened, buzzed like crazy, then turned off completely. now it just buzzes every once in a while and won't even respond to anything. HELP :(

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
You are suppose to put it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours to draw out all of the moisture before even attempting to turn it on.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
...yeah....never try to turn it on and never use a method other than put it in a bag of rice for 24 hours. You could try the rice now but I'd say it's 50/50 that the dryer broke something even if the water didn't.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully you used the correct smartphone softener, otherwise there is no hope.... :p

Seriously though, there might still be some hope. Try the rice trick. Otherwise I hope you got the insurance on it.

FaisDogg

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Hopefully you used the correct smartphone softener, otherwise there is no hope.... :p

Seriously though, there might still be some hope. Try the rice trick. Otherwise I hope you got the insurance on it.

LOL

bc2k

May 18, 2010
Visit site
In the OP's "defense" - years ago I used the dryer to salvage two different flip phones, cushioned by several layers of cotton socks. Not sure I'd try it on a smartphone, but - yeah. It could work.

Rice bed first. Dryer as last resort.

norbz

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Dude that's the best thing u could have done hahahaaa I got n evo 4g lte so go ahead and h8 m..fu..as

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
fyi, there is a shelf that fits in some dryers to put sweaters and shoes on. this could be the method the OC is talking about. setting the phone on that shelf and running the dryer.

Margarita Villegas

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone in the toilet last night .... and now it wont do sh****. Like i plug it in and the charge light wont even turn on and my phone was on the whole time it dropped and afterwords for about 30 minutes and then it just shut off and now wont do anything... -___-

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my phone in the toilet last night .... and now it wont do sh****. Like i plug it in and the charge light wont even turn on and my phone was on the whole time it dropped and afterwords for about 30 minutes and then it just shut off and now wont do anything... -___-

Don't. Try. To. Charge. Or. Turn. It. On.
Leave it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours first.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I think there should be a thread specifically designed for people who submerse their phones to tell us what they did to try to dry it. I had a buddy drop his phone in a cup of coffee, freak out, and try to 'blow the coffee out' with a stir straw inserted into the headphone jack and charger. I started crying I was laughing so hard.

Some people make me want to cry with what they do after they drop their phone in water.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87