Will anyone trade in their EVO for the HTC one(M7)?

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. I spent under 30 bucks for a class 10 64GB SD card and I'm almost positive the difference in price between the 32gb and the 64gb will be more than that. Also noticed no kickstand and man, I love my kickstand!

I saw a pic of an official HTC kickstand case. The kickstand looks almost identical to the EVO LTE kickstand.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Looks nice and specs ckeck out. I'm on board with selling my EVO LTE for it. Time for a change, and this will be my first time getting a new phone after roughly 1 yr of use.

Sent from my EVO LTE baby!

pteezay

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
I may consider selling my E4GLTE and upgrading, but on another carrier. I can't stand Sprint's slow data speeds and I'd hate to have this Ferrari, but can only put $2 worth of 87 octane gas in it. lol. Until I see LTE in Ohio, I think i'm done with Sprint.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Nothing really special with the new phone.. EVO LTE works fine for me.. Wireless charging would of made me consider it but that's not a option on the one.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I think it's a good iteration for HTC though. But I think you are way to tunnel visioned on HTC if you are going to jump the gun without even waiting to see what Sammy comes out with in less than a month just to get $100

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I think it's a good iteration for HTC though. But I think you are way to tunnel visioned on HTC if you are going to jump the gun without even waiting to see what Sammy comes out with in less than a month just to get $100

Well I'm personally not interested in anything by Samsung... I made up my mind years ago that I did not want to use our support Samsung in any way..

Sent from my EVO LTE

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm personally not interested in anything by Samsung... I made up my mind years ago that I did not want to use our support Samsung in any way..

Sent from my EVO LTE

To each his own, it seems like neither of us are going to be on the pre order list. As I've said before I want to see what the note 3 has in store and at this point I'm leaning towards that as my next phone.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I love my Evo... But I'm interested to see what the Note 3 has to offer. I'm due for an upgrade in May, and I think I might get a Note.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
This phone is a step Backwards from the evo LTE and 2 steps down from a GS3.

No good reason this phone shouldn't have a removable battery and a MicroSD slot.

At least samsung has it right.

Just looks like a spec bump and nothing more.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

HawaiiD

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I've got a trip to Hawaii coming at the end of March. I'm waiting to see how the camera fares in the real world. I love the camera on my EVO. Everyone does. My wife likes her GS3 camera, but when she sees what I get off my EVO, she thinks I am taking pics with our 12MP digital shooter and just lying to her. I love HTC phones. Their build quality is second to none. Second isn't even close. I don't care about custom ROM's or stock Android. They're nice and all, but I don't spontaneously combust every time an OEM releases a phone that isn't a Nexus. I know what Sense is and what I'm getting in to. Zoe looks sweet, but I'm not too sure about BlinkFeed. I'll probably use it for sports, news and weather as opposed to social networks, but that all remains to be seen. If the camera rocks the way people are talking about, I'm probably in.
Just a heads up. Sprints data speeds are very slow in Hawaii. Plus we don't have lte yet. Only wimax with sprint. Aloha

Sent from my Coconut Wireless

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

No good reason this phone shouldn't have a removable battery and a MicroSD slot.

sent from the best smart phone (not phablet) on the worst network- the galaxy S III unfortunately on T-Mobile

If your priorities are removable batteries and a microsd then how is this phone only 1 step back from the evo LTE and 2 steps down from a GS3?

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If your priorities are removable batteries and a microsd then how is this phone only 1 step back from the evo LTE and 2 steps down from a GS3?

LTE has the MicroSD card slot like any great phone should have

The GS3 has that plus the removable battery, 2 things this phone doesn't

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
LTE has the MicroSD card slot like any great phone should have

The GS3 has that plus the removable battery, 2 things this phone doesn't

I read your first comment wrong, so used to everyone hating the gs3

josh3035

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a upgrade right now, she has my og evo, when the one comes out she'll be getting this evo

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site

Please go back to your Samsung threads fan boy!

AFR_NY

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I will not be ?upgrading? from my Evo LTE to the new HTC One.

The bump in specs is expected in any new phone; but I can live without Blink feed, Sense 5 and Zoe. I am sure 2GB Ram and the Quad-core will be faster, but the 1GB Ram and Dual-core are going to keep me happy for a second year.

I don?t want to give up (1) SD card support (2) Kickstand (3) Camera button (4) Multitask button (and android standard).

The IR blaster is a great idea, but we need to see if the established standards allow it to be really useful. This phone about the same size, same weight and has maybe one innovative feature. I put ?upgrade? in quotes because this device does not seem to be an evolution from the OneX/EvoLTE family. IF it had wireless charging AND a smaller/lighter design, then I would maybe consider paying for the upgrade. If I was stuck with an Evo 3D, or any other 2011 phone, then this would be my go to device.

The HTC One is making it easier for me to stick with the Evo LTE for the whole two years. I hope HTC has a lot of success with this new phone, but I don't find it to be a revolutionary leap over the Evo LTE.