Bizarre car mode / speakerphone volume issue

marsh slightly

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I recently bought the official car dock for my (stock, up to date, unrooted) EVOLTE, and have noticed a really bizarre issue.

If the phone is in car mode (either in the dock, or when launched manually outside the dock), the speakerphone volume is EXTREMELY low, so that the 'speakerphone' is actually quieter than the regular ear speaker. This only happens in this exact combination - car mode, and speakerphone. If I play music through the speaker in car mode - it's still pretty loud. Similarly, if I use the speakerphone not in car mode, it sounds fine. Has anyone else seen this problem? Or know of any fixes? I don't have the phone's audio hooked up to my car in any way, either with an AUX cable or with any sort of bluetooth.

[One thing it occurs to me to try is an alternative car mode app, rather than the stock one. If I do that, is there any way to have the phone default to that other app when placed into the dock, the way the native app automatically turns on?]

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
My phone does this too and I've read about this issue here and on a couple different forums and there doesn't appear to be a fix for it short of using another car app or having your audio streamed to your car through the headphone jack or bluetooth.