question about new update

jfb42

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Hoping someone can help me. I took my EVO LTE to local sprint repair store and had the tech download and install the 4.3 update. Problem is, it didn't change anything and I still have 4.1 and sense4+. I emailed HTC a few days ago but have not heard back from anyone on this. Anyone here have any idea on this? Thanks

Posted via Android Central App

jfb42

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I was afraid to do it myself, cause I have never done a manual update. Not sure taking my phone to the sprint tech was a good idea. He said that the update link is probably no good anymore cause it was only a trial. I just want to know how I can do the update myself, if it is safe to do on my phone, and if it is worth doing.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I was afraid to do it myself, cause I have never done a manual update. Not sure taking my phone to the sprint tech was a good idea. He said that the update link is probably no good anymore cause it was only a trial. I just want to know how I can do the update myself, if it is safe to do on my phone, and if it is worth doing.

i had zero experience with manually updating an android (although i do manually update large servers for a living). to be 100% honest, it was very easy to do. read the instructions 2-3 times thoroughly, have the upgrade thread open for reference, and take your time. it's a fantastic upgrade and i do not regret it at all.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
And make sure to update to the latest .4 release so you don't have to wipe your phone again. With the RUU there's a word document instructing you thru each and every step. Very easy to do.