Need some help!

ohhdeerrich

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
Alright guys I just recently rooted and flashed my first rom! (Yeah I'm pretty excited about it) But one reason why I did the rooting was for the free tethering. It didn't work, and I learned that I needed to do something separately... but the rom I flashed later on was supposed to take care of that. Sadly it didn't.. whenever I connect via laptop I still don't get an internet connection. Can anyone help?? ;/

Thanks in advance!!

psychofox13

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Try downloading an app called Wireless Tether if you don't have it already. Since you're rooted, it should work. If not, try flashing a different ROM. If you're on a stock ROM and are trying to use the Sprint Mobile Hotspot app, that'd be why it's not working.

There are some ROM's that say they've hacked the Sprint Mobile Hotspot app, but Wireless Tether works the exact same way and supports just as many devices. It's even worked on 4G for me while I was on a trip to St. Louis.

bw75

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Hey! What ROM are you running? If you run something like deck 1.3, it has hotspot and wired tether built in. I usually run that with tiamat 3.3.7+ sbc kernel and I am very happy with the performance.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87