OTA work on rooted phone?

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I haven't yet rooted (except for Unrevoked), nor have I downloaded the update.

If I root, retaining the stock ROM, and NAND unlock, will I be able to apply the OTA update after that?

I'm not particularly interested in removing apps, installing custom ROMs, etc. At least not now. But I do want to be able to run apps that require root access.

Many thanks.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't yet rooted (except for Unrevoked), nor have I downloaded the update.

If I root, retaining the stock ROM, and NAND unlock, will I be able to apply the OTA update after that?

I'm not particularly interested in removing apps, installing custom ROMs, etc. At least not now. But I do want to be able to run apps that require root access.

Many thanks.

If you root then apply the OTA you lose the abilty to root.I'd say don't apply the OTA at all till away to gain root is found again.
Do this to disable the OTA pop-up
menu>settings>system updates>htc system updates>uncheck the scheduled check.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
You cab too first, then apply one of the root date version from xda, but this update really does is break root

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. I've already blocked the automatic check for updates. There's nothing in this OTA that's critical to me, so I'll just ignore it for the time being.

CB BL

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am in the same boat.. I would like the improved battery life, and better WiFi.. But I will wait, WiFi tether is a must for me..

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
let me try that again without autocorrect in tap talk.

All this update really does is break root. If your waiting to root. Then do it. You can then download one of the root safe versions of this update from XDA.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87