Undervolting questions..

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Few questions about undervolting... I just upgraded my ROM to VaelPak's 2.0 with the optional Kings BFS #8 kernel. I believe this kernel is able to undervolt.. What app do I use to undervolt? Also, what would be some good settings. I'm familiar with SetPCU but completely clueless with this undervolting stuff. Can anyone shine some light on the subject? Thanks =D

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Few questions about undervolting... I just upgraded my ROM to VaelPak's 2.0 with the optional Kings BFS #8 kernel. I believe this kernel is able to undervolt.. What app do I use to undervolt? Also, what would be some good settings. I'm familiar with SetPCU but completely clueless with this undervolting stuff. Can anyone shine some light on the subject? Thanks =D

You do nothing to undervolt. It's automatic. Undervolting is not like OC'ing or UC'ing.

Cheers!

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
You're thinking of over/underclocking, which can be done using SetCPU or OC Widget, but with the new HAVS kernels (like your #8) the CPU gets dynamically undervolted based on load, which is like underclocking, but different. Some people are abandoning SetCPU and such since HAVS does basically the same job in a slightly different way, but it's still early in the game.

HTC will be pushing a new OTA soon with a new kernel that does this (HAVS) for better battery life. Once they do that, the kernel source will follow soon after, and then all the new kernels will include it. Should be a good time. :)

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
You're thinking of over/underclocking, which can be done using SetCPU or OC Widget, but with the new HAVS kernels (like your #8) the CPU gets dynamically undervolted based on load, which is like underclocking, but different. Some people are abandoning SetCPU and such since HAVS does basically the same job in a slightly different way, but it's still early in the game.

HTC will be pushing a new OTA soon with a new kernel that does this (HAVS) for better battery life. Once they do that, the kernel source will follow soon after, and then all the new kernels will include it. Should be a good time. :)

Ya I have SetPCU and so far it's done WONDERS for me. I can't imagine how much better my battery life will be with this kernel AND SetPCU. Thanks for info guys!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38