No Data Connection on CM 6.1.1

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The title says it all, I dont have ANY data connection, I checked all settings and nothing! I can easily get on WIFI at home but thats it, I am running CM 6.1.1 with Bliss HD theme... any suggestions?:confused:

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
The title says it all, I dont have ANY data connection, I checked all settings and nothing! I can easily get on WIFI at home but thats it, I am running CM 6.1.1 with Bliss HD theme... any suggestions?:confused:

Can you make phone calls?

Usually updating the profile fixes that problem. Just be in good cell coverage when running it.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
How do I update the profiles? I just tried to install CM 6.1.2 and I cant sign in because I dont have data connection! WTF! This sucks.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
How do I update the profiles? I just tried to install CM 6.1.2 and I cant sign in because I dont have data connection! WTF! This sucks.
Contact your sevice provider for them to refresh your data. You can also update your data by tapping menu - settings - system updates and tap update profile.

Good luck.

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
With CM I go to settings, but there's no system update section, not even in the about phone section. ????

Hmm. I havent run CM in a while so i dont remember where it is or if it was even there. Actually I dont think it was since it's an AOSP ROM and they dont include the Carrier bits to do that.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah dang it, so I have to call Sprint! Wont they figure out that I am rooted since I dont have the system updates because I am running CM and not Sense.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
You have to flash back in to a Sense based ROM and update your profiles through menu > settings.

Then flash back to CM.

I would suggest setting your WIFI sleep policy to Never in CM6 settings (menu > settings > wireless & networks > wifi settings > menu > settings > sleep policy > never).

This used to happen to me until I updated that.

Reactions: jnl813

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
With CM I go to settings, but there's no system update section, not even in the about phone section. ????
Really! Then you need to turn the phone off first - then remove and reinsert the battery to see if it refreshes itself, or contact your carrier and discuss your problem with them.
Ps. I wasn't aware that you are rooted. That's why you're having this problem.

Best of luck to you.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Really! Then you need to turn the phone off first - then remove and reinsert the battery to see if it refreshes itself, or contact your carrier and discuss your problem with them.
Ps. I wasn't aware that you are rooted. That's why you're having this problem.

Best of luck to you.

Are you serious? You werent aware that I was rooted?! And your considered an Android Guru? I mentioned that I am running Cyanogen 6.1.1.... you are telling me that you can run CM without root?! NO! C'Mon MAAANN!

Reactions: CracklePop

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious? You werent aware that I was rooted?! And your considered an Android Guru? I mentioned that I am running Cyanogen 6.1.1.... you are telling me that you can run CM without root?! NO! C'Mon MAAANN!

That's what I was thinking. :confused:

Anyways, these were the exact problems I was having and I never could get it to update and work with Cyanogen. I tried everything. It's why I had to switch ROM's.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm going to try to install Fresh Rom ( ugh) and update the profile, then I will go back to CM and see if that works...will keep you guys update just in case anyone else runs into this in the future..BRB.

Last edited:

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
That's the problem with AOSP ROMs, they cant include the carrier bits like EPST and such that is helpful in these situations. So to update PRL and stuff you would have to flash from recovery or flash another ROM then go back.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem with AOSP ROMs, they cant include the carrier bits like EPST and such that is helpful in these situations. So to update PRL and stuff you would have to flash from recovery or flash another ROM then go back.

I agree, but then again I am one of those dudes that see no point in rooting and sticking with stock (Sense ) it makes me feel like I am not rooted and just walked out the Sprint store. Thats why I like CM because it s more like I walked out of Google. Yes I know Launcher Pro and other things can make a difference, but I am not happy knowing that underneath all that there's still Sense running.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE Sense, but seriously I am just sick of it, I am ready for something new, like CM. ;)

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Update: It Worked! Although now I am getting a Google Gapps error message, but the browser works.. does this mean that I dont have Google Apps?

unixpsycho

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Update: It Worked! Although now I am getting a Google Gapps error message, but the browser works.. does this mean that I dont have Google Apps?

Did you install the Gapps addon? If using ROM manager you can select it to install after CM is flashed.

Or you can find the gapps.apk hanging around the net somewhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress