SDCard Speed Fix

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I ran the SD Card Speed Test app with the 8GB card that came with the EVO and it says:Write speed 1MB/s Reading speed 4 MB/s Class unknown

Klubhead

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Lol I did see that this morning and I applied it and I have a Sandisc 16gb class 4 first test without hack was regular 4 write and read was 4 with hack was write was 4 that wont change and read boosted to 9 the highest I got with the SD tester im happy :)
^hands down the most difficult sentence? i've ever read.

PS - thanks for the fix OP

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Lol I do see where I messed up ahh what I was saying was with no hack my writing speed on that speed test app was a 4 KB and same was for reading on the sdcard and with the hack applied it only gave me a boost on my reading the highest score my sdcard was for the test was a 9 KB Im sorry for my fast messy text

Sent From PrittyBoy's Evo 4G

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
So my class 10 card hasn't been getting full potential?! D:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G

No It has not... If you're Root and you better be if your reading this...

Get in there and Change that Value...

dont forget that it reverts to "4" once the phone is rebooted...

You will need to go back in each time to fix this issue...

Heads up for any DEVS please include this fix in any updates on Roms its really not that big of a change to make...

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I ran this on my Patriot Class 4.
Before was 7MB write and 6MB read.
After was 7MB write and 13MB reads I believe.
rates at a class 6 on this SD test tool

Good deal!

Last edited:

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad its helping alot of people...

Its the only Useful thing I've seen on here for a while...

and if you transfer Roms and Files on and off the SD as much as I do this comes in handy...

I'll eventually try to make a flashable version of this that sticks

but im too lazy... so maybe one of the other OG's is willing to do it... I just dont care that much

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Vaelek added this to the VaelPak ROM a couple of days ago . I love it. my Class 10 is getting 16mb/s read.

Just for the record, this isn't only for higher class SD cards. This is a fix for ALL SD cards.

THIS IS THE BUG THAT CAUSES CHOPPY PLAYBACK..

I put my old class 2 in and with the fix, ALL my videos played back perfectly smooth..

This just confirms my theory all along that the choppy playback was NOT because of a low class but because of this. The Evo never had a problem with choppy playback when it was on 2.1, only when 2.2 hit. So if it was fine with 2.1, then theres no way it was the class of the SD card.

Good ish dex