S22+ to S22 Ultra

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a simple way to move from my S22+ to an S22 Ultra or should I just wait until the S23 ultra comes out?

Unfortunately you can't trade in an S22+ for an Ultra on Samsung's website. I also have the Tab S8, Galaxy watch 5 financed so my credit limit is pretty much maxed out.

About the only way that I can think of would be to sell it, pay it off and then buy the Ultra. So I guess it would be most cost effective to wait for the 23.

If it weren't for the slow charging speeds on the Pixel 7 Pro, I'd switch to that.

I also appreciate having the Tab S8 to watch videos and play games on, as well as occasionally reading books. So I can't see myself selling it. I'm really trying to stick with my S22 plus, but can't help but wonder about other phones and if they would run smoother. I guess it's Fomo. I even contemplated switching to iOS for a little bit and keeping my Tab S8 for my Android fix. I don't have the luxury of being able to have both an Android phone and an iPhone. With me having a Watch 5, it would be useless with an iPhone.

I mean my S22+ does everything I need or want it to do I just wonder about switching to a different phone sometimes. I know I can't be the only who thinks this way.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using AC Forums mobile app

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Does anyone know if there's a simple way to move from my S22+ to an S22 Ultra or should I just wait until the S23 ultra comes out?

Unfortunately you can't trade in an S22+ for an Ultra on Samsung's website. I also have the Tab S8, Galaxy watch 5 financed so my credit limit is pretty much maxed out.

About the only way that I can think of would be to sell it, pay it off and then buy the Ultra. So I guess it would be most cost effective to wait for the 23.

If it weren't for the slow charging speeds on the Pixel 7 Pro, I'd switch to that.

I also appreciate having the Tab S8 to watch videos and play games on, as well as occasionally reading books. So I can't see myself selling it. I'm really trying to stick with my S22 plus, but can't help but wonder about other phones and if they would run smoother. I guess it's Fomo. I even contemplated switching to iOS for a little bit and keeping my Tab S8 for my Android fix. I don't have the luxury of being able to have both an Android phone and an iPhone. With me having a Watch 5, it would be useless with an iPhone.

I mean my S22+ does everything I need or want it to do I just wonder about switching to a different phone sometimes. I know I can't be the only who thinks this way.

No way in the world that you are alone in this. I am perfectly happy with my S22U. But just because I'm 'spoken for' doesn't mean I don't notice other devices out there. When I start jonesing for a new/different device, I try to distract myself with complaints on message boards about that particular device or OS.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Is there something wrong with your s22+? Is there a huge difference between the s22+ and the ultra? If there's nothing wrong with your phone and there's nothing different on the ultra I'd wait for the s23.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
No way in the world that you are alone in this. I am perfectly happy with my S22U. But just because I'm 'spoken for' doesn't mean I don't notice other devices out there. When I start jonesing for a new/different device, I try to distract myself with complaints on message boards about that particular device or OS.
Good idea. I probably need to step away from Reddit and this forum for a while and just learn to be satisfied with this phone.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Is there something wrong with your s22+? Is there a huge difference between the s22+ and the ultra? If there's nothing wrong with your phone and there's nothing different on the ultra I'd wait for the s23.

give him a break...he notices the pretty girls that stroll by lol

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
If you want some brutal honesty, it sounds like you'd be wastting cash you don't really have for no good reason... My advice is to wait for the S23, or maybe even the S24. The improvements are so minimal nowadays that it isn't really worth upgrading yearly.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
If you want some brutal honesty, it sounds like you'd be wastting cash you don't really have for no good reason... My advice is to wait for the S23, or maybe even the S24. The improvements are so minimal nowadays that it isn't really worth upgrading yearly.
well-said

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Unless there is a specific set of features that will affect your regular usage of the phone, wait for the next model.

E.g. I use my camera to document a lot (forms, cards, etc), so my Note 20 Ultra's razor thin depth of field left me with a lot of blurry pictures with hard-to-read text. The new focus mode/algorithm on the S22 Ultra made a huge difference for me and justified the upgrade cost.

Sent from my SM-S908W using Tapatalk

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Unless you really need the S Pen I'd suggest waiting for the S23 Ultra.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I would wait for the s23 at this point they will usually have great trade ins. I might trade mine if the amount is very good.