Battery

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I have my EVO rooted and for some reason my battery just doesn't last very long is there a way to fix that i have read that flashing certain kernels could help is that true?

p.s i have read other threads about battery life but none about kernels that can help

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
try setcpu it did me great but then i decided to flash a different rom and battery seems to be pretty good. Myns rls5 is great on battery with setcpu and currently im test driving AVA Z3 and im still up in the air about battery life. Try this link and look over some of the roms and look at what comes in them and some will say improve battery life. I hope this helps

HTC Supersonic/ROMs - XDA-Developers

Reactions: Tonay

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
I have my EVO rooted and for some reason my battery just doesn't last very long is there a way to fix that i have read that flashing certain kernels could help is that true?

p.s i have read other threads about battery life but none about kernels that can help

I would nuke bloatware. There's a sticky on the topic in this forum. You can ignore the part about using temp root since you're rooted.

Here's something I posted a few weeks ago on SetCPU, a quick search woulda resulted in this.. ;) Here you go:

Priority 80 - Charging - CPU is max 998
Priority 70 - Screen off - CPU is min and max 256
Priority 60 - < 40% battery, CPU is max 768
Priority 50 - < 20% battery, CPU max is 576

something like that. everything is ondemand.

from this thread:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/52976-setcpu-help.html#post530098

let us know how it goes!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch