Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Quick question:
I had MIUI since yesterday and I have been
playing with it for awhile... Recently, when I try
to connect my evo to my mac, the pop-up window
in where you select on what connections you want to
use (charge or mount SD) is gone o_O
I tried wiping, and fixing permissions.... no fix....
I tried reinstalling the rom (I'm on 1.3.5-EN) yet.... no luck ;(
I really like this rom so far so anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thats one of the flaws with the MIUI rom.You have to boot into recovey while your phone is still plugged in to the computer and go to mounts and storage and hit mount usb storage nce you do that you can copy files to your card.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
what theme is that my friend?

The theme is "Black'Ups" and I found the wallpaper using the MIUI's wallpaper manager.... the wallpaper is under the "Android" heading in the online wallpapers section.

On a side note.... I'm glad to see this thread is coming alive like this.... MIUI is a great ROM.

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Thats one of the flaws with the MIUI rom.You have to boot into recovey while your phone is still plugged in to the computer and go to mounts and storage and hit mount usb storage nce you do that you can copy files to your card.

Not even remotely correct. Mine, and most everyone elses, works just fine. More than likely it is kernel related.

If anyone wants the best answers on MIUI, you are better off going right to the source at the MIUI Dev site or even XDA. Every possible question you could have has been asked and answered there.

MIUI DEV

XDA

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
ARE YOU GUYS USING THE STOCK KERNEL THAT CAME WITH THE ROM?.....and yur still getting good battery life?.....gotta try it

I started out using the baked in ROM, but was having issues with it and my 003 build EVO. Once I install Savage v1.6(see info in my sign) its been smooth sailing.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
The big kicker for me though was figuring out Apps2sd.. Total pain in the ass compared to other roms like Warm or others. I got totally lost. Just sucks for someone like me that has a ton of apps. I'm totally clueless when it comes to things poker partitioning my sd card.. Lol.

Have you tried using the app "App 2 SD" it's in the market. Works great for me. Unless I'm missing something???

Use "DropBox"... can do everything wirelessly. And really who wants to be held down by wires!

If anyone wants the best answers on MIUI, you are better off going right to the source at the MIUI Dev site or even XDA. Every possible question you could have has been asked and answered there.

MIUI DEV

XDA

While I totally agree with you on finding just about every answer to every question you could have at the links you posted.... it's nice to see this ROM getting AC love... it even made the front page this morning.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Flashed it last night,,,,love it!!!! So much different then everything i've used thus far....feels like a whole different phone...that's why we love android...and i own an iphone 4, for work. Its paid for by my company, service and all....and i still wouldn't give up my evo.....cm7...on my radar...

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
im pretty sure its not working.....im flashing 1.3.4 right now./...ill let u know in about 10 mins if u want.....CM has 4G though...try the nightlys.....4G, built-in wi-fi hotspot...ect....

thanks, will be trying CM7 next. Finally rooted about a week ago, JUST STARTED FLASHING ROMS...IT IS VERY ADDICTIVE....

HYDE

Banned
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
While I totally agree with you on finding just about every answer to every question you could have at the links you posted.... it's nice to see this ROM getting AC love... it even made the front page this morning.

Agreed, I like seeing it getting a lot of attention. Hopefully this will encourage people to give it a try. Just saying that at this point, AC can not offer adequate support on MIUI. Wouldn't be fair for someone to not try MIUI after reading the misinformation that someone posted here.

But we are on the same page when it comes to being a fan of MIUI.

BTW, MIUI was voted the most used ROM at XDA recently

Poll

funkmon

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
themes on this rom? where?! -_-

You're kidding, right? :p

Unrelated to that, I just used it today. Loved the music player, loved the interface, hated the launcher and the menus. Too inefficient for me! And my battery life seems to be about the same, and it didn't seem that fast. Maybe I'll try it again some time later, maybe when they do gingerbread.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
themes on this rom? where?! -_-
You can use the the "Theme Manager" app on the home screen or go to->Menu->Settings->Personal->Theme Manager... there you can find everything you can theme or change with in this ROM. From the launcher and SMS themes to boot animations and sounds. Each section has a few preloaded items and you can search form more themes right from each section... just tap the online tab in the top right-hand corner of your screen.

You're kidding, right? :p
That's not nice!?!?

Unrelated to that, I just used it today. Loved the music player, loved the interface,
Ya... one of the best audio apps out there. Love how it works with the lock screen and it downloads the lyrics for your songs... really kewl.

hated the launcher and the menus. Too inefficient for me!

You know you can change how the menus are setup... ->Menu->Settings->Theme Manager->Menu Styles. The one that's called "Original Grid" is a whole lot like Sences menus.

And my battery life seems to be about the same, and it didn't seem that fast. Maybe I'll try it again some time later, maybe when they do gingerbread.
Most likely just needed to try out a few other kernels... when I first flashed MIUI I ran it for a week with the stock kernel that's backed in, got average battery life and 1100 to 1300 in
my quadrant scores. Once i flashed Savage1.6 I get good battery life about 12 to 14 hours
normal use and 1500 to 1600 in my quadrant scores.

Yeah, tried that. Everytime I moved an app over, I got a Failure Notification. :'(
Have you tried just hitting the move to SD button again??? I had the same issue and notification when I was running MikFroyo 4.4... just tapping the button again worked for me.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
anybody having trouble with the weather apps... i have fancy widget pro and it will not show me the weather.

It dose seam that some weather widgets dont work on MIUI. I haven't run in to any out of the ones I use. As for weather/clock Widgets that do work... Beautiful Widget(paid), Go Weather and Animated Weather Widgets all work.

I have no clue as to why... wish I could be more help to you.

TWC_SouthPhilly

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
hated the launcher and the menus. Too inefficient for me!

Like I said in one of my responses above you can change how the pop up menu's look from within the theme manager section of the ROM.

But as for the launcher being "too inefficient"... What????
I would think it would be like any other ROM, its about how the user sets it up. Right????

I've got 3 pages setup with folders and a couple of Widgets. Here's my setup:

Homescreen/mainscreen:
snap20110317_153615.png

Left&Right homescreen:
snap20110317_153612.png
snap20110317_153607.png

I'm usually only a swipe and a tap or two away from what ever app I need. "Inefficient"... I think not.

And if you don't like the stock launcher... GoLauncher runs great on MIUI!!!

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol...
I made this thread a while ago. Didn't notice how big it got.

Gingerbread should be coming soon. Hopefully this weekend? Maybe wishful thinking, but I think it will happen.

Glad you guys found MIUI to be nice. It is seriously one of the best ROMS I've ever tried out.