I'm rooted!

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
finally effin rooted! took all day cause im a idiot but its done. whew!

i see a couple changes like the messages ui looks different. just little things.

what to do now? when does all the fun stuff start

Reactions: 2CupsWithString

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats!!

Now you can get some apps to help back things up

Flash roms, themes, change fonts, etc

Fun is just starting! :)

Don't forget to make a nandroid (back up) before flashing anything.

do i still use regular android market now that im cooler then other people that arent rooted :)

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ok i see what it does now. i hear that it backs up your apps better then any other app out their.

so when i have to reset my phone or restore it , it will bring back all my apps that i chose to backup on TB?

westhillsat

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
You can backup your entire phone from Rom manager and then there is a button that says download rom that will download an entire new Rom "look" for your phone. Read up on the roms first as some might not have your Google apps or sense included. It's a whole new world.

westhillsat

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Yes, here and on xda's site and other sites. Three roms are listed in my signature. There are threads here in this section of the forum on them.

In the end I go back to the Go Launcher EX I just like that launcher and the way I configured it from a blank slate. I just didnt like the Sprint style home screens.

westhillsat

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't use adw I use go launcher ex they're competitors. Some people like one of them others like the other launcher.

The roms reminded me too much of sprints layout which I didnt like personally. That's why I like go launcher ex I've got 12 screens currently. I choose what widgets and apps to go on the screens. It's all fun though. And I love my big seidio battery.

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
i downloaded a rom and now im stuck on the boot animation. it keep saying fresh evo with a green penguin and a android dude

joey132

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
yeah i appreciate everyone having patience and putting up with my stupidness.

is there a thread i can read on step by step on how to properly install roms such as themes and twerks

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
There is a nice wiki set up with a bunch of ROM's. Here is the Link. Installing ROM's isn't that hard.

Download using ROM manager
Select download Google Apps and Wipe Data and Cache
Let it reboot and install

Makes it much easier.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo